Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I appreciate this is just speculative ‘journalism’ (if I can call it that) but if this is true, maybe that’s where are going wrong. Yes we have to target good young players, but really targeting players who are also in focus for these types of clubs? Surely there is bandwidth there to target good young players who will add value and not be sought by the 14 times European champions

We won't make it to the new stadium as things stand. We need to make £100 million profit on player trading this summer and that starts with selling Onana and Branthwaite.
Moshiri will have to put up the money for the next installment for the stadium build.

He'll have little or nothing to sell if it isn't finished and he's having enough trouble selling as things are. He can't let the build stop.

We've got money coming in from TV - I make it 118million, or there abouts - then money from fence advertising, shirt and sleeve sponsors etc, and we need that to run the place.

When we get new owners, and we will, they'll take the immediate pressure off.

The last thing we should do is sell our best players unless it does get to a point when we have to.

Moshiri will have to put up the money for the next installment for the stadium build.

He'll have little or nothing to sell if it isn't finished and he's having enough trouble selling as things are. He can't let the build stop.

We've got money coming in from TV - I make it 118million, or there abouts - then money from fence advertising, shirt and sleeve sponsors etc, and we need that to run the place.

When we get new owners, and we will, they'll take the immediate pressure off.

The last thing we should do is sell our best players unless it does get to a point when we have to.
I agree but I think we are probably at that stage mate

Mentioned him in the last week but Adebayo just showed why he should be on the radar.

10 goals in 25 prem games is a very good return for his first season at this level. Luton have missed him terribly in the last two months.
I took a look on Transfermarkt...

Adebayo: 10 goals in 1250 mins over 25 appearances, 26 years old

DCL: 7 goals + 1 assist in 2032 mins over 30 appearances, 27 years old.

Beto: 3 goals in 939 minutes over 29 appearances, 26 years old.

Presuming Luton go down, we could do a lot worse than offering £12m for Adebayo. Selling Maupay would raise most of the fee, and shifting Gomes, Alli and Danjuma will free up plenty of payroll space.

Presuming Luton go down, we could do a lot worse than offering £12m for Adebayo. Selling Maupay would raise most of the fee, and shifting Gomes, Alli and Danjuma will free up plenty of payroll space.
He's a handful for sure.

He`ll be going for more than that mate.

Him and Barkley have been the two standouts for them.

He`ll be going for more than that mate.

Him and Barkley have been the two standouts for them.
Potentially yes... But he arrived at Luton on a free and he's been there since February 2021. He might want a move and the club may need to cash in while they can - I've no idea what their financial position is.

A lot could also rest on other clubs showing interest.

At this rate, we will be able to field a former relegated select 11 team. I would want to see more obviously than just his stats. Haven’t done the numbers, but how injury prone is he, how good is his all round play, do we suit the way he plays etc (he seems like a typical Dyche player to be fair) but we do have a habit as a club of looking at relegated teams players. That sort of approach is very risky because for every Tarkowski, Pickford, Gana (who have worked) there are plenty who don’t

It'd also require selling Beto for a loss so I can't see them doing it

In 14 starts.

Was highlighting him in Dec at that stage, most weren't keen.

Hes a beast.

He wont be at Luton next year.

Been thinking of the changes in PSR.

So as much as we know, on the new system is that next year will be under the current PSR rules - so that takes into account financial year 23/24 and that finishes on June 30th this year.

What the deal after that, is there any point caring about PSR this summer, for financial year 24/25, if there is going to be a new PSR system in 25/26.

Not that we have any money like.