Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Loans cost money but free players don't... hmm, are you sure about this?

I'm talking loaning players like Harwood-Bellis & Gomez from City, Chalobah from Chelsea, young players from big teams at cheap prices.

Also, the bold, don't make me laugh, he's been an absolute joke all season, he literally got sent off in 37 minutes in the reverse defeat of this game. Let's not whack a load of revisionism in here.
I would like to see that use up or the loan spots or as you say try to get deals similar to them so we can look at them and maybe have a price to buy included. Is alot of young talent not getting games for the top teams and we should be looking to see if we can get them in to see if we can get at a decent price if they have the talent to make it

I think we are overestimating just how wank 80% of the teams are in this league. It's embarrassing to get relegated.
I think you are underestimating just how wank we are.

Of course it would be embarrassing to get relegated, that's why sometimes you need the likes of a 35 year old Ben Mee or whoever to make sure you don't.

There's clearly a big difference. I give you examples of what loan fees cost.

"Ancient freebies" as you refer to, who you think we only bring in because of Dyche cost just wages.

I'm talking loaning players like Harwood-Bellis & Gomez from City, Chalobah from Chelsea, young players from big teams at cheap prices.

Harwood-Bellis is a centre half playing his third season on the spin in Championship. Why didn't Burnley sign him/keep him after promoted? Even if he was good enough for the Prem - he doesn't come here, or is allowed here to sit on the bench behind Branthwaite and Tarkowski.

Gomez is playing for City. As is Chalobah for Chelsea.

What planet are you on if you think we can loan them for £0 - or any affordable fee.

There isn't infinite loan spaces either.

Also, the bold, don't make me laugh, he's been an absolute joke all season, he literally got sent off in 37 minutes in the reverse defeat of this game. Let's not whack a load of revisionism in here.

Let's stick to reality here and not pin it on Sean Dyche for us having nothing to spend.

Young was brought in because he cost £0 in fee, just had a good season at Villa and could cover a few positions. Sure, he's been crap - but this is nonsense;

If Dyche is such a good manager we shouldn’t have to just keep bringing in ancient freebies to stay in this league.

At some point you will have to start implementing a plan to gradually move us up the table.

= "If Dyche is such a good manager, we'd be able to spend money" lol

Players like Young will pretty much be free I think people get mixed up because people who have deliberately let their contracts run down to leave get big signing on fees and wages because they've saved their new club a transfer fee and get it paid to them instead but players who were released by their club and are just looking for another club will take what they can they aren't in a position to make massive demands.

Players like Young will pretty much be free I think people get mixed up because people who have deliberately let their contracts run down to leave get big signing on fees and wages because they've saved their new club a transfer fee and get it paid to them instead but players who were released by their club and are just looking for another club will take what they can they aren't in a position to make massive demands.
Thought he was on high wages tbh, agree depends on the players profile but i would be looking at the likes of ohare at coventry who would not been on alot at them, is a risk but would be worth us looking at

I think we are overestimating just how wank 80% of the teams are in this league. It's embarrassing to get relegated.
Its possibly the worst league sine the season Burnley finished 7th!

If you think, we have gone on a 13 games winless run, received 2 points deductions and still nowhere near the relegation zone is testament to the league!

In terms of 'players and sell on value' while its important to make sure you sell at the right time and buy low sell high etc.
To many clubs get caught up in this! Brighton are a good example of concentrating on 'developing', and 'selling' instead of actually trying to build a competitive side!

Previously they would get yor MacAllisters, Mbwepu's, Cucurellas, Trossards, Bissouma's etc! All at around 22/23........ready to play!

Now all of a sudden the guys they have that they have earmarked to move on are 18/19 and nowere near to the standard of the the previous list! That's a big jump in player quality!

There's clearly a big difference. I give you examples of what loan fees cost.

"Ancient freebies" as you refer to, who you think we only bring in because of Dyche cost just wages.

I referenced freebies because out of contract players aren't free. No idea why people keep peddling this.

Harwood-Bellis is a centre half playing his third season on the spin in Championship. Even if he was good enough for the Prem - he doesn't come here, or is allowed here to sit on the bench behind Branthwaite and Tarkowski.

Gomez is playing for City. As is Chalobah for Chelsea.

What planet are you on if you think we can loan them for £0 - or any affordable fee.

There isn't infinite loan spaces either.

I never said their loan fee was free, why would it be, but they're not going to be £8m, Harwood-Bellis went to the Championship. Gomez has played less than 500 mins all season in ALL comps. These are the players we should be looking to for loans not the likes of a Danjuma.

Let's stick to reality here and not pin it on Sean Dyche for us having nothing to spend.

Young was brought in because he cost £0 in fee, just had a good season at Villa and could cover a few positions. Sure, he's been crap - but this is nonsense;

= "If Dyche is such a good manager, we'd be able to spend money" lol

I also didn't write the bold? If you're going to try multi-quote me do it better.

If Dyche is such a good manager we shouldn’t have to just keep bringing in ancient freebies to stay in this league.

Thought he was on high wages tbh, agree depends on the players profile but i would be looking at the likes of ohare at coventry who would not been on alot at them, is a risk but would be worth us looking at
I saw someone say he's on 80k I would be amazed if thats true considering all the other things the club has done to save money and he won't have been in a strong bargaining position either but maybe i'm wrong. I am happy for us to sign any players that make us better wherever they come from or however old they are I don't care. O'Hare would be a risk because at 26 and never playing at the top level you have to wonder if he can step up lots of players have been talked about as great in the championship and then failed in the premier league and they will always want premier league wages they aren't stupid and neither are their agents they won't accept championship wages for premier league expectation.

Harwood Bellis got hooked at half time this weekend for Southampton! Got skinned by a heavy looking Tyrese Campbell! I'd be very weary of looking to loan someone who is not pulling up trees in the league below after playing in it for 3 consecutive years