Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Sean Dyche is manager and will have one year left on his contract at the end of this season.

Obviously he will have an input into transfers but I don't think he will have as big an influence as some think.

Kevin Thelwell is in my opinion the person with the biggest influence as it is his role to buy players not just for next season but for seasons after that and to buy players that we may sell for profit (unfortunately). Jarrad Branthwaite single handedly being sold will solve huge financial problems for us( again unfortunate that he needs to be sold).
Thelwell had a deal in place for Kudus which would have been an excellent bit of business and Onana should also make a profit, if sold.

Thelwell will be looking at the bigger long term picture and I think has already said the days of Everton paying big fees for player of 28 or over are gone.

Free transfer of older players can be good value with Tarkowski being the obvious example and we do need players to flesh out the squad so I expect there will be a couple of free transfers coming in, Brownhill in this case being a possibility.
Thelwell could be sacked before the window even opens, depending on our owners.

Zat gets really angry when people tell him we aren't selling everybody over 25 and buying teenagers.

Careful now, he will start with the name calling soon.

Like i didnt want Tarkowski... lol

Great post, again not comprehending context.

Free Transfers that's interesting me
Adarabioyo - Fulham - CB
Brownhill - Burnley - CM
Ndidi - Leicester - CM
Adams - Southampton - ST
Kamada - Lazio - RW
Barbosa - Flamengo - ST
Johnson - West Ham - RB
I just can't see those players making us any better than we are. We need a mid who can pass a ball and 2 wingers who can cause problems.

Adarabioyo ain't coming here, can't see him trading Fulham for us which is a very sad indictment of our current status.

We'll probs end up with Lundstram returning as a DM, Welbeck and Antonio as attacking reinforcements, with Bogle as RB and fingers crossed Mats Hummels as the CB general

I’d rather sign a load of kids from the championship and give the academy lads a go.

You look at the England squad and think at some point Kane was on Leicester’s bench (with Vardy) , Maddison was at Norwich, Bellingham at Birmingham, Rice couldn’t get a game at West Ham, Stones at Barnsley, Toney unwanted at Newcastle etc.

Everton should be getting in at the critical point with these players and just when they think they’re frustrated at not playing we come along with an opportunity to play first team football in the PL. It’s what Moyes did so well with Jagielka Baines Lescott and then Stones right at the end.

So I know everyone says we should tap up South America and Asia but frankly we can’t even cover every blade of grass in the uk for a start! We’re no longer even competing for decent Scottish Welsh and Irish talent.

Branthwaite is probably the only decent play we’ve made in terms of this sort of signing since Moyes left and look how that might repay us.
I question at times if value is still to be had in the Championship like it was under Moyes. Obviously networks down the table would be better to have for sell on viability and a development strategy. Id also say the majority of the best prospects are on likely promotion sides this year. That said there is talent. Few names Id keep tabs on in possible positions of need. Values via Transfermarkt I could see some of these clear 20 or have larger suitors than us, but younger players that are worth looking at.

Jacob Greaves 23, Hull City CB 14 million

Dan Neil, 22, Sunderland CM, 5 million
Hayden Hackney 21 Boro, CM 7 million

Trai Hume 22, Sunderland, RB 5 million

Jaden Philogene 22, Hull City, LW 12 million
Jack Clarke 23, Sunderland LW 15 million

I question at times if value is still to be had in the Championship like it was under Moyes. Id also say the majority of the best prospects are on likely promotion sides this year. That said there is talent. Few names Id keep tabs on in possible positions of need. Values via Transfermarkt I could see some of these clear 20 or have larger suitors than us, but younger players that are worth looking at.

Please don't use transfermarkt for valuations.

I question at times if value is still to be had in the Championship like it was under Moyes. Obviously networks down the table would be better to have for sell on viability and a development strategy. Id also say the majority of the best prospects are on likely promotion sides this year. That said there is talent. Few names Id keep tabs on in possible positions of need. Values via Transfermarkt I could see some of these clear 20 or have larger suitors than us, but younger players that are worth looking at.

greaves and philogene both be atleast 20 mill plus, i do think ballard at sunderland maybe between 15/20

We just need to be smarter. Championship clubs will eventually always have to sell to PL clubs unless they are being promoted as good players want to move on. It’s about timing it correctly so we’re bidding for players at a lower value rather than the obvious ones at their most expensive. Recruitment geniuses Brentford ended up paying a huge fee for Lewis Potter at the peak of his value which hasn’t really paid off. Equally if Leicester don’t come up someone could probably get Dewsbury Hall at a lot lower price than when he was in the prem being touted for England

We’ve often timed it wrong with Siggurdson Keane Bolasie Schneiderlin Tosun etc. Moyes used to be very good at timing, picking up top quality in Pienaar and Arteta at their lowest ebbs, Stones at the right time, Naismith for free, Distin slightly older and cheaper. He had a few mistakes of course such as Bily Kroldrup but most of the time he was getting great value for money.