Summer 2024 transfer thread.

47D8DE70-D5BE-424E-BABF-ABF63B87BA64.jpeg

I’m sure this guy will be on our radar.

Does he get the @Zatara seal of approval?

Thought id reply to this in here.

Its an interesting one as Tarkowski signed for Lampard not Dyche. He was probably sold on Lampards playing style and has found himself back with Dyche.

31 years old now and may want to move on if we keep Dyche...but also may not (as you say it could be lies).

On pitch captain so id take with a pinch of salt but, he came on a free so its all profit on the books if he did go.

I cant see it myself.

That's interesting (if true). Dyche made him into a premier league regular and also good enough to get a few England call ups so you'd think he'd show a bit of loyalty there.

Ultimately he's settled in the North West otherwise he'd have joined Villa as they were offering him a good wage.

Didn't he sign a 5 year deal aswell? No one is paying big money for someone 32 in November.

The defence would completely disintegrate without him aswell given who the third, fourth and fifth choice CBs are likely to be next season aswell.

That's interesting (if true). Dyche made him into a premier league regular and also good enough to get a few England call ups so you'd think he'd show a bit of loyalty there.

Ultimately he's settled in the North West otherwise he'd have joined Villa as they were offering him a good wage.

Didn't he sign a 5 year deal aswell? No one is paying big money for someone 32 in November.

The defence would completely disintegrate without him aswell given who the third, fourth and fifth choice CBs are likely to be next season aswell.

Certainly an odd one.

The Pickford + Tarkowski axis gives us alot of experience and no doubt helps the rest of the defence including Branthwaite.

Having said that, in the situation were in and as unlikely as it sounds...perhaps we sell both of them and bring in younger players as replacements to save us having to sell Branthwaite?

I fully believe both Pickford and Tarkowski will be here at the end of the window.

OUT = 15 Players

Lonergan
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate
Young
Coleman
Doucoure
Gomes
Gana
Dele
Harrison
Danjuma
DCL
Beto
Maupay

SQUAD = 12 Players

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer
LB: Mykolenko
CB: Branthwaite
CB: Tarkowski
RB: Patterson
DM: Onana
LM: McNeil / Dobbin
CM: Garner
CM:
RM:
CF: Chermiti

MINIMUM INS = 9 Players

1 × LB/LCB
1 × CB
1 × RB/RCB
1 × DM/CM
2 × CM
2 × RW/LW
1 × CF

A massive recycle of players.

I can see why people roll their eyes about this plan - the likelihood of getting all of these transfers done within our financial constraints is close to zero.

I do agree with Zat's general concept though. We have too many players on huge wages who make marginal contributions at most, and the sooner we get rid of them the better.

Of Zat's list of "outs", DCL and Beto are the last two I'd let go. If the others all went and we received £5m each for Godfrey, Keane, Holgate, Doucouré, Gomes, Gana and Maupay we'd have enough of a task on our hands to re-stock the squad. Selling DCL and Beto on top of that wouldn't bring in enough cash to buy one striker so there would be no point, IMHO.

The key to this type of approach would be somehow fleecing a Saudi club, getting some absurd fee for Doucouré and/or Gomes. If the DoF can pull that off then we can keep Onana and Branthwaite and still have funds to spend.

I can see why people roll their eyes about this plan - the likelihood of getting all of these transfers done within our financial constraints is close to zero.

I do agree with Zat's general concept though. We have too many players on huge wages who make marginal contributions at most, and the sooner we get rid of them the better.

Of Zat's list of "outs", DCL and Beto are the last two I'd let go. If the others all went and we received £5m each for Godfrey, Keane, Holgate, Doucouré, Gomes, Gana and Maupay we'd have enough of a task on our hands to re-stock the squad. Selling DCL and Beto on top of that wouldn't bring in enough cash to buy one striker so there would be no point, IMHO.

The key to this type of approach would be somehow fleecing a Saudi club, getting some absurd fee for Doucouré and/or Gomes. If the DoF can pull that off then we can keep Onana and Branthwaite and still have funds to spend.

Every Everton fan wants all the bad players sold and lots of good players signed. We know it just won’t happen though.