Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Happy you dont play computer games, no idea of the relevance.

Wanting or expecting Coleman to get a contract extension is too negative for me. Coaching maybe but anything else is a no.

He may be very good, ive never heard of him lol

There must be better u21s that could be developed instead.
You can’t change 15 players in one go. FIFA. You are a bit arsey today.

I expect Coleman to be given another year

Going to be a tough window I think. We have a small budget and need to use it well especially as we are losing a number of players.

I think we will end up offering extensions to some players. Eg. coleman

I can't see how you wouldn't.

Lots of frothing at the mouth about Young and I know he's a liability when he starts in front three.

However take the derby. Half time and 1-0 up but a long way to go. Myko can't continue. Young isn't there, what actually happens? You're not disrupting the CBs so other options would've been to move McNeill back or shift Godfrey to the other side and move Garner to RB.

So lack of cover means you have to switch 2-3 players into different positions against high calibre opposition.

Instead Young with his experience can just fill in at LB with a deeper backline and use his experience to run down the clock.

Gana is a must keep as his mentality for business ends of the season is fantastic. His mobility is also still good. If he was struggling to keep up with the play I'd have bigger reservations but he isn't/

So with Premier League safety secured this is my take on next season's squad

Pickford: KEEP. Same for the other 2 goalies
Godfrey: KEEP. with money tight a good squad option
Myko: KEEP
Tarkowski: KEEP
Branthwaite: SELL for the simple reason i dont want another points deduction
Keane: UNDECIDED. Keep as a squad option, but entering final 12 months of his contract
Young: KEEP, see Godfrey
Coleman: RELEASE. We need a new right back up as current squad options are poor. So unless we can sell Patterson i would not offer him another contract
Patterson: UNDECIDED. See Coleman. Not the nr 1 at right back

Gueye: KEEP 1 more year. Again because of money tight
Onana: SELL before June 30th
Garner: KEEP
Doucoure: KEEP
Gomes: RELEASE Even with money tight we should be able to find a better option
Dele: RELEASE

DCL: KEEP as we might struggle to find a better option but dentering final 12 months of his contract so might be forced to sell
Beto: UNDECIDED
McNeil: KEEP
Harrison: RELEASE doesnt warrant paying a big fee
Chermiti: KEEP hope he gets more game time next season. More technique than Beto
Danjuma: RELEASE
Dobbin: KEEP hope he kicks on but another one in trhe last 12 months of his contract

Hope Mills recovers soon and gets involved in pre season.
We will need to find reinforcements in the wing positions so Mills and Dobbin hopefully good options from the bench

So with Premier League safety secured this is my take on next season's squad

Pickford: KEEP. Same for the other 2 goalies
Godfrey: KEEP. with money tight a good squad option
Myko: KEEP
Tarkowski: KEEP
Branthwaite: SELL for the simple reason i dont want another points deduction
Keane: UNDECIDED. Keep as a squad option, but entering final 12 months of his contract
Young: KEEP, see Godfrey
Coleman: RELEASE. We need a new right back up as current squad options are poor. So unless we can sell Patterson i would not offer him another contract
Patterson: UNDECIDED. See Coleman. Not the nr 1 at right back

Gueye: KEEP 1 more year. Again because of money tight
Onana: SELL before June 30th
Garner: KEEP
Doucoure: KEEP
Gomes: RELEASE Even with money tight we should be able to find a better option
Dele: RELEASE

DCL: KEEP as we might struggle to find a better option but dentering final 12 months of his contract so might be forced to sell
Beto: UNDECIDED
McNeil: KEEP
Harrison: RELEASE doesnt warrant paying a big fee
Chermiti: KEEP hope he gets more game time next season. More technique than Beto
Danjuma: RELEASE
Dobbin: KEEP hope he kicks on but another one in trhe last 12 months of his contract

Hope Mills recovers soon and gets involved in pre season.
We will need to find reinforcements in the wing positions so Mills and Dobbin hopefully good options from the bench

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer
LB: Mykolenko
LCB: Branthwaite
RCB: Tarkowski
RB: ???

Backup: Godfrey / Patterson + 1

LM:
CM: Gana
CM: Garner
RM:

Backup: Mills / Dobbin + 2

AM: McNeil
CF: DCL

Backup: Chermiti / Dobbin

OUT
Lonergan
Holgate
Coleman
Young
Keane
Onana
Gomes
Dele
Harrison
Danjuma
Maupay
Doucoure
Beto

You can’t change 15 players in one go. FIFA. You are a bit arsey today.

I expect Coleman to be given another year

He's not a starter and with Patterson injured and Godfrey the utility player theres enough backup to not see Coleman again.

Its not about "changing" 15 players (though over this short period ive seen enough in Godfrey and Gana to extend them). Its about removing as much as possible from the wage bill, bringing in money from fees while requiring a minimal number of signings to arrive to improve the quality and value on the balance sheet.

GK: Pickford / Virginia / Tyrer
LB: Mykolenko
LCB: Branthwaite
RCB: Tarkowski
RB: ???

Backup: Godfrey / Patterson + 1

LM:
CM: Gana
CM: Garner
RM:

Backup: Mills / Dobbin + 2

AM: McNeil
CF: DCL

Backup: Chermiti / Dobbin

OUT
Lonergan
Holgate
Coleman
Young
Keane
Onana
Gomes
Dele
Harrison
Danjuma
Maupay
Doucoure
Beto

He's not a starter and with Patterson injured and Godfrey the utility player theres enough backup to not see Coleman again.

Its not about "changing" 15 players (though over this short period ive seen enough in Godfrey and Gana to extend them). Its about removing as much as possible from the wage bill, bringing in money from fees while requiring a minimal number of signings to arrive to improve the quality and value on the balance sheet.
I generally agree with you Zat but I still think Coleman will be here next year. And above you have 13 going. Crikey if we have 13 outs and even 7 ins it would be a huge overhaul in one go.

I would love to be able to keep Onana and Branthwaite but feel ominous about it

Loans will be key for us as will a couple of frees and a few young gambles. Hopefully we will see dobbin, mills, chermiti pushing on … not sure yet though

I generally agree with you Zat but I still think Coleman will be here next year. And above you have 13 going. Crikey if we have 13 outs and even 7 ins it would be a huge overhaul in one go.

I would love to be able to keep Onana and Branthwaite but feel ominous about it

Loans will be key for us as will a couple of frees and a few young gambles. Hopefully we will see dobbin, mills, chermiti pushing on … not sure yet though

Just my musings really...no idea who the owners will be and if they have a masterplan or capital to invest into the squad.

I fully expect Onana to be sold and think it will be sensible at this point if the fee is sizeable.

This summer there are decent players out of contract or low cost in defensive and midfield areas we could bring in. With Dyche's style we can fill those spaces cheaply with some nous.

The money we bring in needs to be invested into the wide areas as a priority (RB/RW/LW). Bring in some rapid young players who can combine with McNeil playing centrally and we could see the beginnings of a rebuild.

The DOF needs to focus around the u21/u23 age players that are 6-12months off being picked up by the top clubs after a breakthrough season.

Hes not been far off this with the likes of Gakpo, Diaz, Kudus, Asprilla etc.

Hopefully he has some cash to play with and focuses on younger players so Dyche is 'forced' to use them rather than leaving them on the sidelines for lesser players or after poor performances (see Chermiti, Patterson & Dobbin).

Surely we go for Iling jr at Juventus. Only 1 year left of the contract.

Similar for Khephren Thuram at Nice who would cost a fair bit but would be the Onana replacement and would still leave plenty left over cash wise for PSR and other player buys

Surely we go for Iling jr at Juventus. Only 1 year left of the contract.

Similar for Khephren Thuram at Nice who would cost a fair bit but would be the Onana replacement and would still leave plenty left over cash wise for PSR and other player buys

Iling Junior reportedly £12.5mil which sounds like a great deal to me.

I also liked the look of Burnleys left winger today: https://www.transfermarkt.com/wilson-odobert/profil/spieler/743498 and perhaps he'd be available for the same fee as a rotation/backup option...

Thuram would be class (as would Archie Gray if Leeds dont come up) but i wonder if we go cheap in the middle and use the cash on wide players...

LW, RW, and RB to start.

And CM if we lose either of Onana or Gueye. And CB if we lose Branthwaite. Obviously we need an actual striker to show up but we probably cant do that without selling Branthwaite.