Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Unfortunately for us the days of mega money transfer fees look like being put on the back burner and any bids received are likely to be a lot less for Branthwaite and Onana than a lot of us are hoping for or expecting. 55m is peanuts for him but as others have said if we want/need to sell players they are only worth what clubs are willing to pay.

I’d nearly take a four point penalty next season and keep him.

Dudes only appreciating.

I’d nearly take a four point penalty next season and keep him.

Dudes only appreciating.
I agree. If 55m is the sort of figure we are likely to be offered itd be ridiculous to sell. Wouldnt suprise me though if he was sold for somewhere around that figure in a deal heavily loaded with add ons that we will have to wait years to realise. Scary prospect.

I agree. If 55m is the sort of figure we are likely to be offered itd be ridiculous to sell. Wouldnt suprise me though if he was sold for somewhere around that figure in a deal heavily loaded with add ons that we will have to wait years to realise. Scary prospect.

You see I don’t think we could have possibly factored Branthwaite in as part of our financial planning for the year.

He could have easily sat on the bench for a year as a young developing player as opposed to being a generational talent, either way there is no way we factored in selling him for 10s of millions.

So we hit the jackpot. What ever our plan was I’d like us to show ambition and keep him. If that’s means selling DCL and Onana so be it.

Selling him is a lazy option and the fans of this club don’t deserve it. Youngsters deserve hope and a hero’s name to go in the back of their shirts.

No way I’m passively accepting it based on the above.

Last edited:

See also don’t think we could have possibly factored Branthwaite as part of our financial planning for the year.

He could have easily sat on the bench for a year as opposed to being a generational talent, either way there is no way we factored in selling him for 10s of millions.

So we hit the jackpot. What ever our plan was I’d like us to show ambition and keep him. If that’s means selling DCL and Onana so be it.
I want to keep him and i hope nobody thinks im advocating selling and certainly not for 55m. I WANT us to sell Onana but selling DCL is pointless as the money we get for him will not give us the money to replace him. If branthwaites value is 55m and bids stay around that mark how much do you think Onana and DCL will be valued at? Its okay talking telephone numbers but if thats the value we can achieve for the best young CB around why are we getting massive offers for the other 2?

I want to keep him and i hope nobody thinks im advocating selling and certainly not for 55m. I WANT us to sell Onana but selling DCL is pointless as the money we get for him will not give us the money to replace him. If branthwaites value is 55m and bids stay around that mark how much do you think Onana and DCL will be valued at? Its okay talking telephone numbers but if thats the value we can achieve for the best young CB around why are we getting massive offers for the other 2?

I know that mate, didn’t mean to come across as if I was having a go, was soap boxing really.

I think we just don’t passively accept that he needs to be sold. Our PSR losses were 19 and 16 odd million for each charge - I think we can raise that without selling Branthwaite.

We have to stop passively accepting we have to sell our best players, if we keep acting like a small club we will be treated like one.

Saying no and keeping his this summer, does nothing but benifit this football club.

Last edited:

Tier 3 (Average reliability, or former Tier 2)

• Canal+/Pierre Menes (France)
  • Ian Ladyman (Daily Mail)
  • The Guardian
  • The Times
  • Daniel Taylor (Guardian)
  • Melissa Reddy (Sky Sports)
  • Ian Whittell (Telegraph)
  • Bild (Germany/Bavaria)
  • Le Parisien (France)
  • Ian Herbert (Independent)
  • Marcel van Der Kraan (de Telegraaf)
  • Jim White (Everton only)
  • Stephen Howson (/u/mrstephenhowson, Tier 2 for youth news)
  • O Jogo (Portugal)
  • Adrian Kajumba (Daily Mail)
  • Patrick Berger (Sport1 - except Tier 2 for German news)
  • Dan Harris (The Guardian)
  • Alfredo Pedullà (Italy)
  • Florian Plettenberg (Bayern Only)
  • Jacob Steinberg (T3, T2 for Chelsea/West Ham)
  • Mike Keegan (Daily Mail)
  • Nizaar Kinsella (Standard Sport)
  • Chris Wheeler (Daily Mail)
  • Julien Maynard (Telefoot, Tier 2 for France)
  • James Savundra (TalkSPORT)
  • Talksport sources (UK & Ireland)
  • Relevo
  • Raisa Simplicio & Thiago Fernandes (Goal Brazil)
  • Dan Sheldon (The Athletic)
  • Dharmesh Sheth (Sky Sports)
  • Jose Felix Diaz (Real Madrid news)
  • James Robson (Evening Standard)
  • Rich Fay (MEN, T3 for Youth & Academy)
Wham chatter.

We aint selling him for 55m.

70m he will go for.