Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post mate, i know where you are coming from we are all coming from the same place. Im not sure there is a blanket answer, each case requires a strategic response. Cenk definitely has a market value, we have offset some of his cost this year, by a loan fee and i assume Palace picked up his wage while on loan - in not sure what that situation is now he is injured. I think we will sell for money eventually, so id sit on him until fit. he could go to the Euros (whenever they happen) and have a stormer - he usually does for Turkey.

Similarly Bolaise, hes had three loans now and we would have clawed some finance back on fees and wages. His book price is minimal now anyway, so real money would be great for him, its whether he would move of not - hes on the contract of his life - if he was offered a deal elsewhere for years it might be prudent to leave for longevity.

Sandro i can see being rinse and repeat we are offsetting cost with him best we can, loaning him out elsewhere taking a percentage of the wage.

The difficulty is releasing these lads, we are liable to pay up the remainder of their contracts as we want to break them. Like when we sack a a manager they are entitled to a pay out for the remainder of their contracts.

If it was as straight forward as just releasing these lads, football would be awash with released players every window, every club has a few.

Unfortunately are only option may be to bide our time with some of them.

We need to be so much more clinical in our transfer dealings, I can't help thinking some of our past purchases has been buying for the sake of buying. We cannot afford any more Niasse's or Sandro's for quite some time.
I know I may have a very simplistic view of things but I would draw up a list of positions which we need to strengthen, I would weight these in terms of importance and then identify maybe three players to go after in each position. If we were unable to get one of those three then I would move to the second position and leave the first until a later date. The skill would be in weighting the positions in order and deciding who we go after.
I don't believe we can bring in the players we need unless we shift quite a few on.

We need to be so much more clinical in our transfer dealings, I can't help thinking some of our past purchases has been buying for the sake of buying. We cannot afford any more Niasse's or Sandro's for quite some time.
I know I may have a very simplistic view of things but I would draw up a list of positions which we need to strengthen, I would weight these in terms of importance and then identify maybe three players to go after in each position. If we were unable to get one of those three then I would move to the second position and leave the first until a later date. The skill would be in weighting the positions in order and deciding who we go after.
I don't believe we can bring in the players we need unless we shift quite a few on.

Im a bit more systemic mate.

I tend to think you have to look at it in cycles, a year is a cycle, every year you have players beginning a cycle by being signed and finishing a cycle out of contract.

If you go through a regime that has a poor ability in signing players and leave them there for a couple of cycles, that cycle will begin, appex and eventually tapper off, that is what we are seeing now, its appexed and beginning to taper off - with Bolaise, Sandro, Besic, Morgan, Walcott and Taraj etc all ending in 21.This year we will loose, Cuco, Niasse. We have decisions in terms of moving some others on in Gylfi, Keane, Tosuns, Walcotts etc who likely hold a market value or we just renew their contracts

On a positive note we signed some decent players in the last two years and these are beginning to appex, entering another year you build on that again and the team starts to get a bit quality heavy. I would be of the believe yo sholud never loose or sign more then 3-4 players for continuity and stability. That just a personal opinion. I think Brands has said something similar ideally.

Its a simple game, buy low sell high and reinvest, climb the rungs of the ladder, get increased revenue, expand your base. Rinse and repeat. Its a process rather then an event.

For once, we may just have and its a still a may. the right people in the right spots at the right time to enable my last sentence.

Can you post the article and in English?

Basically wants a new contract, Roma unwilling to meet his demands as they've underperformed this year with us and Inter interested in him and the situation.

Everything is stopped, even the negotiations for the renewals of the contracts. This is the case of Lorenzo Pellegrini for whom small, great details are still missing. The Cinecittà midfielder wants to prolong his relationship with Rome despite a poor 2020 and the first whistles of the Olimpico. In addition to the championship stopped for the coronavirus, however, there is also uncertainty about the company's future. Who will be driving Rome: Pallotta or Friedkin? In both cases Pellegrini wants to stay, and in case of arrival of the new president, confirmation would be easier even if there are some distances to be filed. In the event of Pallotta's stay, and with the need to cash in on the few precious pieces left, it would be more complicated.

NEGOTIATION - Pellegrini, in fact, would like a rich increase also because he is willing to eliminate the 30 million termination clause. Roma, however, will implement a wage containment policy in the future. So the demand for 3.5 million seems out of the moment at the moment. Today Pellegrini earns about 2 million until 2022. The club's intention is to increase the salary by 1 million per season until 2024 also because Pellegrini is young and will probably be the new captain. His performance, however, is fluctuating as well as the requests that come to his attorney. A year ago Lorenzo was in the sights of Juventus, Manchester United and Chelsea. Today there is less queue, but the esteem of clubs like Everton and Inter remains. For this reason Rome wants to eliminate the clause. The appointment is set after the coronavirus emergency is over, and therefore hopefully as soon as possible. Maybe already in April.

There's going to be a lot less money about after this mass panic. People will get rid of sky. Massive economic impact on jobs and businesses. Football will be no different. Transfer fees will drop,. Players wages will drop.

The virus has already thrown things up in the air. There may not even be a window, nevermind a season.
Club finances will only one of the things thrown up in the air.
The going rate for buying anything is basically what anybody will pay.
What a player went for in the last summer window, will not be what be what he would go for this summer...if there is one.
I'm guessing lower.

Fools may rush in at their peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.