Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, Everton are looking to bolster their midfield options in the summer, with Carlo Ancelotti displeased by the lack of energy, aside from language issues. Espanyol’s Marc Roca and Toulouse’s Ibrahim Sangaré are two names that have been mentioned. Roca would be available for a lower fee should they be relegated this season, but Sangaré could cost upwards of €30m.

Barkley is at his peak. He'd be dominant here now, whereas he's still overawed at Chelsea.

Hickey is a cert to be playing in the top flight of English football. 17 years of age and plays as cool as you like. Another - dare I say it - Hansen.

Barkley had a very Barkley game really. He has enormous ability but there are clearly holes in his game which will likely never be fully ironed out. The question is do you take the good with the bad?

What I will say though, is I see a lot of people going on about Madisson, Grealish, before that Loftus Cheek, we've seen them all and I doubt any of them can score the goal Barkley does last night. It's world class. He take the ball, carries it 50 yards, goes past players and bamboozles 3 defenders ahead of him who have no idea what he's doing. He then almost reaches a dead end and so slams a rocket of a shot into the bottom corner.

The thing for Barkley is, he almost did it by accident. He missed 2 good opportunities to pass, and as I said above he almost seems to smash it in as an afterthought.

I think that is probably what has held Barkley back from being what Wayne Rooney was (who in my opinion is the best post war British player). Rooney was far more in control of his actions and had thought them through better so could utilise them. If Ross had that same ability I think we'd be talking about a player in the same breath as we did Rooney, as Englands best player by some distance.

Centring it back to Everton though, I always feel some sadness with Barkley leaving. I know lots are angry towards him and I understand that but I don't feel that. I think there is fault on all parts. I think Ross is probably not the most sensible lad in terms of decisions he's made. However I think Koeman has to take a lot of the blame and to a degree Walsh does for not taking control of the situation.

Walsh should have just signed the lad to a long term deal the summer he arrived. Forget what the manager says, get the lad signed down. We seemed to dither and I don't think he ever really stood up to Koeman. There's a wider argument about whether a DOF should be able to do that, but in some instances I think he has to protect the value of the player for the club. (As a slight aside, it's pleasing to see Brands tie down Richarlinson and Holgate to long term deals).

Barkley would still walk into our team. He could do what Sigurdsson was asked to do last week, or even off the right in a 4-4-2 easily. He'd power past people which we lack. A bit like Gomes who already looks better in a better team I think Ross would have really suited having Calvert Lewin and Richarlinson ahead of him with Gomes behind him.

Carlo Ancelotti has ordered Everton’s backroom team to improve their English as they adapt to life in the Premier League.

The Italian brought six of his trusted staff to Goodison Park when he succeeded Marco Silva as manager in December, including his son, Davide, as assistant manager, and his son-in-law, Mino Fulco, as head of performance. Ancelotti’s long-serving fitness coach, Francesco Mauri, and analyst, Simeone Montanaro, are also part of his backroom team alongside Duncan Ferguson and goalkeeping coach, Alan Kelly.

Ancelotti, who has until 5pm on Thursday to respond to an FA charge of improper conduct after being sent off against Manchester United, wants to break any language barriers with Everton’s players and has put the staff he appointed on a crash-course in English.

1699.jpg

The three-times Champions League-winning manager said: “I brought here an assistant, my son, a video analyst, I brought here three physical trainers and a head of performance who works on the recovery of the players. Six people. I won’t add more.

“I am really happy because we are working well together with the other staff who were here before. We don’t have problems, just a few of my staff are not speaking English properly but I force them to speak English, to learn English. Everything is OK until now.”

One area Ancelotti will be looking to strengthen in the summer is central midfield, where he admits the team require more energy. It has been a problem area all season, with the £22.5m signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin and André Gomes, intended by Silva to partner one another, sustaining serious injuries and Fabian Delph also restricted by fitness problems.

“It is an area where we need more energy, I think,” Ancelotti said. “We have quality but, above all, energy in the Premier League is really important. This doesn’t mean that I am not happy with the players I have but if we are thinking to improve, I think on this aspect we can improve.”

Ancelotti has tried various midfield partnerships admits his choice alongside the fit-again Gomes is dependent on tactics and form.

“We have the possibility to play in different ways with Tom Davies or Fabian Delph,” he said. “Maybe they can combine better than Gylfi [Sigurdsson] because they are more powerful players but it depends on the game or what type of game we want to play. If we want to play a game building up from the back, I think Gylfi and André give us the possibility to play better from the back.”

Mason Holgate is targeting trophies after signing a new five-year contract with Everton. The defender, who made the move from Barnsley to Goodison Park in 2015, has made 74 first-team appearances since his debut for the club against Tottenham in August 2016. The 23-year-old’s deal commits him to the club until the end of June 2025. “We want to move to the next step and push for bigger and better things,” he said. “I want to win things and winning some silverware is where I see us.”

Finally, Everton are looking to bolster their midfield options in the summer, with Carlo Ancelotti displeased by the lack of energy, aside from language issues. Espanyol’s Marc Roca and Toulouse’s Ibrahim Sangaré are two names that have been mentioned. Roca would be available for a lower fee should they be relegated this season, but Sangaré could cost upwards of €30m.
I've watched Roca twice and only twice but he did look decent.

Barkley had a very Barkley game really. He has enormous ability but there are clearly holes in his game which will likely never be fully ironed out. The question is do you take the good with the bad?

What I will say though, is I see a lot of people going on about Madisson, Grealish, before that Loftus Cheek, we've seen them all and I doubt any of them can score the goal Barkley does last night. It's world class. He take the ball, carries it 50 yards, goes past players and bamboozles 3 defenders ahead of him who have no idea what he's doing. He then almost reaches a dead end and so slams a rocket of a shot into the bottom corner.

The thing for Barkley is, he almost did it by accident. He missed 2 good opportunities to pass, and as I said above he almost seems to smash it in as an afterthought.

I think that is probably what has held Barkley back from being what Wayne Rooney was (who in my opinion is the best post war British player). Rooney was far more in control of his actions and had thought them through better so could utilise them. If Ross had that same ability I think we'd be talking about a player in the same breath as we did Rooney, as Englands best player by some distance.

Centring it back to Everton though, I always feel some sadness with Barkley leaving. I know lots are angry towards him and I understand that but I don't feel that. I think there is fault on all parts. I think Ross is probably not the most sensible lad in terms of decisions he's made. However I think Koeman has to take a lot of the blame and to a degree Walsh does for not taking control of the situation.

Walsh should have just signed the lad to a long term deal the summer he arrived. Forget what the manager says, get the lad signed down. We seemed to dither and I don't think he ever really stood up to Koeman. There's a wider argument about whether a DOF should be able to do that, but in some instances I think he has to protect the value of the player for the club. (As a slight aside, it's pleasing to see Brands tie down Richarlinson and Holgate to long term deals).

Barkley would still walk into our team. He could do what Sigurdsson was asked to do last week, or even off the right in a 4-4-2 easily. He'd power past people which we lack. A bit like Gomes who already looks better in a better team I think Ross would have really suited having Calvert Lewin and Richarlinson ahead of him with Gomes behind him.

I always feel a huge sadness when it comes to Ross, i think he is one of the most supremely talented players we have had come through our academy. For me though i dont think he has or ever will fulfill his immense talent.

Without being insulting personally, i dont think he has the sense, will or work rate to well round his game. I havent seen spurts in his development. Hes 26 now still considered up and coming to an extent and has never nailed down a regular place in PL team. Take Andre Gomes is the same age and probably less natural ability and he has achieved so much more.

I think Everton failed him in a way, i see the problem going back to Martinez, he gave him free licence sitting in the hole, told him he was one in the best of the world and gave him zero responsibility in contributing to defensive play and he never developed and dirty side of the game, work rate or skill around it when you are under the kosh. In that sense he never progressed to fulfill the talent he has.

Think its really sad as he is one of the most talented players of his generation, but never quite got there, you see lads like Mason Mount getting into the Chelsea team ahead of him. he will turn 28 in the blink of as eye and move down the rung of ladders and end up somewhere like Newcastle or WHU. Hopefully Bill doesn't go on a solo nostalgic run and bring him back. I just cant see Ross ever getting to the place he should have with the talent he has.

Barkley scored so fair play but he should have passed it, Pedro was in much better position, hes just lucky it went in else he'd be getting slated for it....its bad decision after bad decision with him and he cant blame youth anymore. Pass

Strange comment. Scored a goal, but should've passed it instead... ? If he's confident enough to take it on and backs himself then no problems with that.

Anyway, we won't sign Barkely back so there's no point discussing him here. A player in his mould to drive with the ball through midfield would be an ideal partner to Gomes.

Strange comment. Scored a goal, but should've passed it instead... ? If he's confident enough to take it on and backs himself then no problems with that.

Anyway, we won't sign Barkely back so there's no point discussing him here. A player in his mould to drive with the ball through midfield would be an ideal partner to Gomes.
Him and Gomes would get bypassed every game ,Barkley isnt mobile enough to cover the ground for Gomes and doesn't have the discipline to operate in a system with him.
We shouldn't be looking at this type of player if we want to proceed forward as a club , we need players with energy and focus that are consistent right now.
Barkley has never had enough of any of that to warrant us wanting him back, he isnt a kid anymore and isnt ever going to be the player we hoped he would become, the odd flashes brilliance are not enough to get a place in the squad going forward.
If he came back after the honeymoon period the fans would be all over him if he performed as he has done most of the season, better for us and himself if that never happens.

Carlo Ancelotti has ordered Everton’s backroom team to improve their English as they adapt to life in the Premier League.

The Italian brought six of his trusted staff to Goodison Park when he succeeded Marco Silva as manager in December, including his son, Davide, as assistant manager, and his son-in-law, Mino Fulco, as head of performance. Ancelotti’s long-serving fitness coach, Francesco Mauri, and analyst, Simeone Montanaro, are also part of his backroom team alongside Duncan Ferguson and goalkeeping coach, Alan Kelly.

Ancelotti, who has until 5pm on Thursday to respond to an FA charge of improper conduct after being sent off against Manchester United, wants to break any language barriers with Everton’s players and has put the staff he appointed on a crash-course in English.

1699.jpg

The three-times Champions League-winning manager said: “I brought here an assistant, my son, a video analyst, I brought here three physical trainers and a head of performance who works on the recovery of the players. Six people. I won’t add more.

“I am really happy because we are working well together with the other staff who were here before. We don’t have problems, just a few of my staff are not speaking English properly but I force them to speak English, to learn English. Everything is OK until now.”

One area Ancelotti will be looking to strengthen in the summer is central midfield, where he admits the team require more energy. It has been a problem area all season, with the £22.5m signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin and André Gomes, intended by Silva to partner one another, sustaining serious injuries and Fabian Delph also restricted by fitness problems.

“It is an area where we need more energy, I think,” Ancelotti said. “We have quality but, above all, energy in the Premier League is really important. This doesn’t mean that I am not happy with the players I have but if we are thinking to improve, I think on this aspect we can improve.”

Ancelotti has tried various midfield partnerships admits his choice alongside the fit-again Gomes is dependent on tactics and form.

“We have the possibility to play in different ways with Tom Davies or Fabian Delph,” he said. “Maybe they can combine better than Gylfi [Sigurdsson] because they are more powerful players but it depends on the game or what type of game we want to play. If we want to play a game building up from the back, I think Gylfi and André give us the possibility to play better from the back.”

Mason Holgate is targeting trophies after signing a new five-year contract with Everton. The defender, who made the move from Barnsley to Goodison Park in 2015, has made 74 first-team appearances since his debut for the club against Tottenham in August 2016. The 23-year-old’s deal commits him to the club until the end of June 2025. “We want to move to the next step and push for bigger and better things,” he said. “I want to win things and winning some silverware is where I see us.”
So the CM needs "energy"? I know a certain player from RBL that would fit that bill pretty decently. Laaaaaaame

Status
Not open for further replies.