Subtle changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steken1

Player Valuation: £70m
Today we will go to Stamford Bridge fully believing we can win.

We will also have a team and manager who fully believe that and we will set up to do so.

Whether we actually win or not is irrelevant. The inferiority complex of the past is gone. A new mentality is slowly taking form.

It hurt my pride to see us, one of us in particular, crumble at clubs not fit to stand next to Everton FC. Whatever I think of some of the managers decisions I'm thankful those days are long gone!

Up the toffs!

We will also have a team and manager who fully believe that and we will set up to do so.

Whether we actually win or not is irrelevant. The inferiority complex of the past is gone. A new mentality is slowly taking form.

It hurt my pride to see us, one of us in particular, crumble at clubs not fit to stand next to Everton FC. Whatever I think of some of the managers decisions I'm thankful those days are long gone!

COYB!
x

Not convinced the Moyes mentality is gone, Jags, Howard, Baines etc need to leave or retire first. Sods law 2 of those are still quite good so it's catch 22. If Ossie and Hibbo stay on as coaches as I'm sure they will, fear the Moyes mentality will linger forever

Up the toffs!
Strange, i`ve always thought winning to be extremely relevant.

Not convinced the Moyes mentality is gone, Jags, Howard, Baines etc need to leave or retire first. Sods law 2 of those are still quite good so it's catch 22. If Ossie and Hibbo stay on as coaches as I'm sure they will, fear the Moyes mentality will linger forever

You're a cheery old soul aren't ya.

Up the toffs!
Good post but I do take exception to that last word.

Up the toffs!

Woah, woah... Woah. Woah.

Up the toffs!
Fully agree mate

Today we will go to Stamford Bridge fully believing we can win. e will also have a team and manager who fully believe that and we will set up to do so. Whether we actually win or not is irrelevant. The inferiority complex of the past is gone. A new mentality is slowly taking form.

It hurt my pride to see us, one of us in particular, crumble at clubs not fit to stand next to Everton FC. Whatever I think of some of the managers decisions I'm thankful those days are long gone! Up the toffs!

Despite our new mentality, how many times have we actually converted our confidence into three points at Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool? Did we set up to win against Manchester City last week? Will we set up to win on our next visit?

Chelsea have stabilised. If they had a reliable striker, they would be as tough a challenge as City. Yet another draw will be a good result. And it will be an interesting opportunity to compare Zouma and Stones.

Not bothered if an element of the Moyes mentality still exists in the defence. Just so long as the attack are of the Martinez mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.