Substitution Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the first time we've done it this season, is it? Considering we're normally lucky to have one player in the opposition penalty area, you wonder how we manage to get caught short.

We don't react quick enough to shut it down before it begins. If you've only got two players held back at a corner, as soon as you lose the ball it should be BAM, **** the ball out of play, foul or not. We're just **** at it, which is surprising given how drilled Moyes has the players on most things.

Fairly mute point but he did it again today.

Beckford and Osman where ready to come on when Bolton brought on Lee for Taylor on 59 minutes. Moyes held them both back until 60th before making the change.

I just find it odd.

It's a shame I can't bump the infamous Man City thread, because it's locked.

I'm actually at the point where I'm neither angry nor sad, but I'm actually laughing at how bad that was.

And yes, it was EXACTLY 60 minutes before Moyes decided to act. Definitely a superstition, no doubt about it.

Fairly mute point but he did it again today.

Beckford and Osman where ready to come on when Bolton brought on Lee for Taylor on 59 minutes. Moyes held them both back until 60th before making the change.

I thought of this thread. And yes, I see it more.
Credit to Moyes for not waiting until the 84th minute to make a sub. I thought he was better with subs today (given the lack of options).

But why was there a lack of options? Why were certain players allowed out on loan given the size of our squad. Where was Gueye?

my "lack of options" comment was directed specifically at the loss of Rodwell and Saha (but the small size of the squad was a given as well).

I thought of this thread. And yes, I see it more.
Credit to Moyes for not waiting until the 84th minute to make a sub. I thought he was better with subs today (given the lack of options).
I disagree. We all know Osman's not a winger and we all know Anichebe was having a nightmare. As I suggested in the match thread at HT, Osman and Beckford to come on for Anichebe and Neville, in a 4-3-3 formation. Taking off Bily (who was ok) and Coleman, who are both capable of scoring/creating at any given time was almost criminal by Moyes, especially as we were chasing the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.