Stubbs given a 2 match touchline ban and a £500 fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysInBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/09/15/stubbs-handed-fa-punishment

A Football Association Regulatory Commission heard Under-21 manager Alan Stubbs' case this week in relation to Everton's match with Tranmere Rovers in the Liverpool County FA Senior Cup Final, on 1 August 2012.

Stubbs was charged with a breach of FA Rule E3, the Use of abusive and/or insulting language. At the personal hearing for the former Blues captain, Stubbs was handed a two-match touchline ban from Everton's Under-21s games and fined the sum of £500.

It means Stubbs is set to be absent from the touchline for the trip to Blackburn and the home fixture with Bolton Wanderers, however Blues officials plan to appeal against the ban.

The reserves might actually win their first game of the season now...

I dont know why people get fixated by results at that level. Colin Harvey used to say, correctly, that it hardly matters - what matters is polishing up rough diamonds for the first team.

I dont know why people get fixated by results at that level. Colin Harvey used to say, correctly, that it hardly matters - what matters is polishing up rough diamonds for the first team.

Haven't you heard ? It's the Youth Premier League. It defo matters now.

*Holds up 3rd place Youth PL trophy*

Because we're paying six figures sums for good prospects now, we're not just signing YTS lads.

So far this season, we got battered by WBA, West Ham and Arsenal, and could only draw wiith Reading. 4 games into a 14 game season.

This year the season ends in January, when they're reorganising the national league. Basically, if we don't start winning, we'll be relegated into a lower division in January, and our best young prospects will not be playing against the best young prospects from Utd, City, Liverpool etc. This will have a knock on effect; playing against lesser opposition they will not develop as well, and thus won't be as ready for the first team as other team's young reserves will be.

It's a different world now, and with the investment involved, it does matter. Especially this season.

People can scoff and say it doesn't matter. Just remember this next time you're moaning about us having no money and no prospects are coming through ranks to the first team. If we can't even be in the same reserves division as the elite, we have no chance of challenging them in other areas.

Because we're paying six figures sums for good prospects now, we're not just signing YTS lads.

So far this season, we got battered by WBA, West Ham and Arsenal, and could only draw wiith Reading. 4 games into a 14 game season.

This year the season ends in January, when they're reorganising the national league. Basically, if we don't start winning, we'll be relegated into a lower division in January, and our best young prospects will not be playing against the best young prospects from Utd, City, Liverpool etc. This will have a knock on effect; playing against lesser opposition they will not develop as well, and thus won't be as ready for the first team as other team's young reserves will be.

It's a different world now, and with the investment involved, it does matter. Especially this season.

People can scoff and say it doesn't matter. Just remember this next time you're moaning about us having no money and no prospects are coming through ranks to the first team. If we can't even be in the same reserves division as the elite, we have no chance of challenging them in other areas.

Relegation! How many games in are they to their season?!

Everton doing well in the U21 league and the kids aren't good enough for the first team is less preferable than them not winning all the time and someone like Kennedy or Bidwell coming through. Stubbs might have good players in there from the first team, but that in itself can provide problems in trying to keep a consistent level of performance which you get with regular participants.

They drew away today at Reading: maybe that will calm your nerves?!! :p

Relegation! How many games in are they to their season?!

As I've already posted, 4 games into an initial 14 game season.

The last game of this part of the season is actually December 2nd, so we could be relegated in less than 3 months time.

You know the way you moan about Moyes ad nauseum? Well I moan about Stubbs, and the difference is, it's for good reason.

The same as every Manager starting off in the game Dave, Badges, lots of badges.

Which has been my main complain all along when it comes to Stubbs.

I think the Everton Reserves managers job should be given to someone with a bit of managerial experience already, maybe lower leagues. It shouldn't be the starting point for a novice, given to someone because he's either the managers mate, or because he was a former player for a lengthy period. When we're at the stage where we are starting to pay six figure sums for players solely for the Reserves - £300,000 for Green, £250,000 for Kennedy to think of just two - we need to start protecting our investments a bit better by getting in better coaches to develop and manage these players.

I disagree, I just think reserve team football isnt really any kind of standard and I doubt you would get any decent "Manager" interested in the job.

They have zero control in players bought and sold and basically given the "scraps" of the first team and young lads learning the game.

I think the Everton Reserves managers job should be given to someone with a bit of managerial experience already, maybe lower leagues. It shouldn't be the starting point for a novice, given to someone because he's either the managers mate, or because he was a former player for a lengthy period. When we're at the stage where we are starting to pay six figure sums for players solely for the Reserves - £300,000 for Green, £250,000 for Kennedy to think of just two - we need to start protecting our investments a bit better by getting in better coaches to develop and manage these players.

Agree totally.

Stubbs must have been fuming at some of the idiot refs decisions at Tranmere. Two ridiculous penalties for Tranmere - especially the 2nd one & a corner that no one in a thousand years would have even imagined was correct - even the Tranmere players didn't have the cheek to claim it - they were already back on the halfway line when the nutjob was still insisting it was a corner (from a p*ss poor shot that trickled wide of the goal and harmlessly out for a GK).

What sort of qualifications do other teams under21 coaches have? I'm too lazy to look it up myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.