Strikers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTblue

Player Valuation: £30m
Speaking in realistic terms, If we had the cash, who would you sign? Grant Holt would be my preferential choice as I believe he suits Everton with his style of play, he is 31 now but I think Moyes is an admirer of his. personally if the fee is low enough, I would have him for a couple of seasons, he can count himself unlucky not to be in the england squad, I think he's been the better 'target' man if you will the Andy Carroll this year. I think he'd either compliment or back Jelavic up competently, he can score goals as well. The problem being I reckon Norwich would ask for something unrealistic, like in the £5-7m range, which if he was in his mid-20's you would have to say is just about right, but as i've said he's 31 so the fee would have to adjust itself to represent that age. We definitely need another striker though, Jelavic will have the odd injury or two, and please don't bring up Vellios, we cannot count on someone like him to lead the line for us for a period of time, we need someone who has done a full season of leading the line for a premier league side, I also think Anichebe will be gone. Maybe Moyes would make a move to bring AJ, Owen or Rodallega in as they are free, maybe someone on loan from the continent, like Hoarau from PSG on a loan deal as he has not had much playing time but has a lot to his game. but Moyes will be after a striker to back up or compliment jelavic i'm sure. Any other potential strikers going that are within our range of affordability and would see us as an attractive destination?

Speaking in realistic terms, If we had the cash, who would you sign? Grant Holt would be my preferential choice as I believe he suits Everton with his style of play, he is 31 now but I think Moyes is an admirer of his. personally if the fee is low enough, I would have him for a couple of seasons, he can count himself unlucky not to be in the england squad, I think he's been the better 'target' man if you will the Andy Carroll this year. I think he'd either compliment or back Jelavic up competently, he can score goals as well. The problem being I reckon Norwich would ask for something unrealistic, like in the £5-7m range, which if he was in his mid-20's you would have to say is just about right, but as i've said he's 31 so the fee would have to adjust itself to represent that age. We definitely need another striker though, Jelavic will have the odd injury or two, and please don't bring up Vellios, we cannot count on someone like him to lead the line for us for a period of time, we need someone who has done a full season of leading the line for a premier league side, I also think Anichebe will be gone. Maybe Moyes would make a move to bring AJ, Owen or Rodallega in as they are free, maybe someone on loan from the continent, like Hoarau from PSG on a loan deal as he has not had much playing time but has a lot to his game. but Moyes will be after a striker to back up or compliment jelavic i'm sure. Any other potential strikers going that are within our range of affordability and would see us as an attractive destination?

Why Not?? im looking forward to seeing more of Vellois this season!

I agree im lookin forward to seein Vellios nxt season....felt sorry for him when Moyes decided to start him uptop on his own against Stoke! The kid got booted everywhere

grant holt's more suited to liverpool than us mate, hes a horrible human being and an even worse footballer, he has scored goals in the last few years to be fair to him, but he is a snide and a major cheat, he only has eyes for the defenders rather than the ball when it's in the air, we were looking to play more stuff on the deck at the back end of last season, not lumping it up to a target man, rodallega would be a must for me, reckon he'd do very well here

Status
Not open for further replies.