Strikers goal per game ratio, premier league era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raino85

Player Valuation: £35m
It was a slow day in work yesterday and trwling through the internet i saw the cladding up on the side of the main stand of Sharpie and Joe Royle with there games to goals ratio. At first glance i looked at Sharpies apperances and goals (446 games 159 goals) and thought, thats not brilliant, it works out to a goal every 2.8 games which is actually ok. Made me wonder how it stacked up against some of our strikers in the premier league era

1. Romelu Lukaku 1 goal every 2.0 games
2. Tony Cottee 1 goal every 2.7 games
3. Kevin Campbell 1 goal every 3.2 games
4. Louis Saha 1 goal every 3.2 games
5. Yakubu 1 goal every 3.2 games
6. Andy Johnson 1 goal every 3.3 games
7. Franny Jeffers 1 goal every3.5 games
8. Thomas Radzinski 1 goal every 3.6 games
9. Duncan Ferguson 1 goal every 3.7 games
10. Daniel Amokachi 1 goal every 3.7 games
11. Paul Rideout 1 goal every 3.8 games
12. Wayne Rooney 1 goal every 4.5 games
13. Graham Stuart 1 goal every 5.8 games
14. james Beattie 1 goal every 5.8 games
15. Joe Max moore 1 goal every 6.4 games

Think it is pretty interesting reading (Saha and Jeffers with decent goals per games ratio despite being looked back upon as not great, especially since it includes Jeffers year on loan were he mainly appeared as a poor sub)
Duncan's being fairly low although his 2nd period with us was mainly as an impact sub and only scored one goal in his last season when his legs had gone.
Rom's record for a 23 year old is exceptional, i didnt realise he was a 1 in 2 man for us. Makes me wonder why the hell people get on his back, and with a record like that over 4 seasons he needs to be playing champions league, whether with us or not

Not a great list is it?!

To be fair though Yakubu and Saha were both very good until injury/age took its toll.

Lukaku is so far ahead of the rest though.

It was a slow day in work yesterday and trwling through the internet i saw the cladding up on the side of the main stand of Sharpie and Joe Royle with there games to goals ratio. At first glance i looked at Sharpies apperances and goals (446 games 159 goals) and thought, thats not brilliant, it works out to a goal every 2.8 games which is actually ok. Made me wonder how it stacked up against some of our strikers in the premier league era

1. Romelu Lukaku 1 goal every 2.0 games
2. Tony Cottee 1 goal every 2.7 games
3. Kevin Campbell 1 goal every 3.2 games
4. Louis Saha 1 goal every 3.2 games
5. Yakubu 1 goal every 3.2 games
6. Andy Johnson 1 goal every 3.3 games
7. Franny Jeffers 1 goal every3.5 games
8. Thomas Radzinski 1 goal every 3.6 games
9. Duncan Ferguson 1 goal every 3.7 games
10. Daniel Amokachi 1 goal every 3.7 games
11. Paul Rideout 1 goal every 3.8 games
12. Wayne Rooney 1 goal every 4.5 games
13. Graham Stuart 1 goal every 5.8 games
14. james Beattie 1 goal every 5.8 games
15. Joe Max moore 1 goal every 6.4 games

Think it is pretty interesting reading (Saha and Jeffers with decent goals per games ratio despite being looked back upon as not great, especially since it includes Jeffers year on loan were he mainly appeared as a poor sub)
Duncan's being fairly low although his 2nd period with us was mainly as an impact sub and only scored one goal in his last season when his legs had gone.
Rom's record for a 23 year old is exceptional, i didnt realise he was a 1 in 2 man for us. Makes me wonder why the hell people get on his back, and with a record like that over 4 seasons he needs to be playing champions league, whether with us or not
oh look

'crap' lukaku who we would be so much better off selling is still got a 1 in 2 average a year later which is better than most strikers in the world.

:coffee:

Everton legend Wayne Rooney all the way down there behind Jeffers and Amokachi

To be fair he was 16/17/18 in his spell with us and only started 40 games.

When you add together all the sub appearances it comes to something like 17 goals in 50 x 90 minutes. Just under 1 in 3.

In comparison i did some snooting on the RS and there 15 strikers i could think of

1. Saurez 1.62
2. Torres 1.75
3. Sturridge 1.77
4. Owen 1.87
5. Rush 1.9
6. Fowler 2.01
7. Collymore 2.2
8. Crouch 3.19
9. Cisse 3.41
10. Heskey 3.7
11. Baros 4
12. Sterling 4.1