Striker Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
With it looking like Felli could be off, I reckonn we should really be looking at somebody like Burak Yilmaz from Gala. Strong, pacey and in his prime. Valued at £12 mil by Gala - his move to Lazio just fell through. Just a suggestion like.

I'd love Jackson Martinez, but i'm trying to be realistic.

I agree with you on that. I don't rate Kone either. The problem is that we spend £5m on a striker here and then another £5m on a striker there and so on......and all we end up with is £5m strikers. They just aren't going to get results.

We should have saved the £10 million or so that we spent on those two (Jelavic and Kone). We could then have afforded some like Van Wolfswinkel (not necessarily him but someone of that calibre for that sort of price tag). He'll score more goals than Jelavic and Kone combined.

Or, we could have sold Felli and added the £10m to his sale price and we would then be looking at the Negredo's, Soldado's etc. I guess the point I'm making is that if we only have a little to spend it's better just to keep it for now or repay a bit of debt as spending it on a striker is not going to achieve anything as we won't get a decent one for less than £15m ish.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we were crying out for someone like Jelavic at the time, and he didn't disappoint in that part of the season. I know we all know this, but sometimes transfers just don't work out like they should.

It is very difficult for fans to keep faith in one off form/ not up to speed striker let alone two, so it is a tall order with Jelavic now maybe, not so much Kone as he's only had a bit part to play so far in the League.

Play them together I say, it will add another dimension to our play and Jelavic may just start enjoying his football again.

can we not make a duncan ferguson clone ?
if we are gonna have a striker taking on 4 defenders on his own , id rather it be a 6 foot hard man who takes no prisoners.
instead we have jelavic .................. hes not very hard at all is he ? infact hes a bit of a wimp who's constantly rubbing his eye/knee/ankle or sticking his arms in the air hoping the ref will take pity and give him a penalty.

Thank God we did go shopping too!
That's why top. top quality strikers are so much more expensive than players from other areas in the team. A class striker can win you so many more points.

Lukaku WILL be so vital to us this year, that he'll somehow need to be replaced next season. That will be a huge problem but as the saying goes, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

That's why top. top quality strikers are so much more expensive than players from other areas in the team. A class striker can win you so many more points.

Lukaku WILL be so vital to us this year, that he'll somehow need to be replaced next season. That will be a huge problem but as the saying goes, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

Defo mate....and I'd trust Martinez to get the right replacement in too.

£6m on Kone was a bad waste, but Martinez wasn't to know that Anzhi's arses would go and Eto'o would kick off a transfer conga ending with Lukaku sticking one up West Ham for the mighty, mighty Blues.

If Lukaku had been in the bag from June 1st, I wonder how Bobby would've spent the Kone money instead?

I hope we sign Jozy Altidore.

Not because of anything to do with his skill. Just because I think it'd be fun to watch GOT's collective reaction.

(For what it's worth, I do think he can be much better than his current form, but he's not the answer to our striking woes. Good for US Soccer, but Everton should be aiming higher.)

Not because of anything to do with his skill. Just because I think it'd be fun to watch GOT's collective reaction.

(For what it's worth, I do think he can be much better than his current form, but he's not the answer to our striking woes. Good for US Soccer, but Everton should be aiming higher.)

At least with a loan like Balotelli you know he'd do something stupid and you wouldn't be that arsed about him leaving at the end of the season but, no...we got hold of a quality forward with a good attitude but who wants to go back and rip it up at Chelsea. It's enough to make a grown-a** man cry.

Huh?!!

Don't understand the hatred for Kone. He's hardly kicked a ball for us. Let's give him a chance before we all completely write him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.