Striker Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 4 years time do you think that there would be no way into our team for Rooney if we signed a Belgian U21 striker? Even if that lad became the next Lukaku, Benteke or De Bruyne we'd still need back up for him.

Just more i see rooney over in the MLS at 32 mate like a lot of the other massive earners have done, i honestly dont know how well he will age mate, guess were just differing on opinions here as i think he will be closed to done at that age myself, hope im wrong like, but either way if someone doesnt want to come play for us when their a self admitted massive blue until their on the down slide, then we franklly dont owe them the privilege of retiring as a blue for their own ego's sake

Just more i see rooney over in the MLS at 32 mate like a lot of the other massive earners have done, i honestly dont know how well he will age mate, guess were just differing on opinions here as i think he will be closed to done at that age myself, hope im wrong like, but either way if someone doesnt want to come play for us when their a self admitted massive blue until their on the down slide, then we franklly dont owe them the privilege of retiring as a blue for their own ego's sake

Henry 33 when he went there
Cahill 33
Keane 31
Dempsey 30
Miller 32

Age-wise it would be about right.

Henry $4.3m= £2.63m
Cahill $3.6m= £2.21m
Keane $4.3m= £2.63m
Dempsey $5.0m= £3.06m
Miller $1.1m= £0.67m

Beckham reportedly earned $6.3m per year base salary but commercial endorsements took that up to $50m (£30.63m) per year.

Big Dunc was 34 when he retired with us and he was Rooney's hero. If he's a free agent at the age of 32 and he had the decision of whether to go and make more money in the States or to play for Everton again I imagine that he'd want to come back to us...but I wouldn't bet everything on it.

Not sure who is available to us that might actually improve the squad

Strikers tend to be an expensive commodity at the best of times, even more so in Jan

Maybe we should look to the top half of the Championship for an established journeyman or a promising youngster?

I was thinking maybe someone a bit younger than that

Maybe Bobby Zamora?

Or, if we are selling Jelly to QPR, maybe bring Johnson back just till the end of the season?

00-0d-laughing-animals-08-06-12-gorilla.jpg

old-woman-laughing.jpg

laughing-seal-on-beach.jpg

Maybe we should look to the top half of the Championship for an established journeyman or a promising youngster?

Somebody like Les Ferdinand, perhaps? I'm sure he'd jump at the chance of Champions League football, to be honest.

FFS lad!

Let's put a bid in for Falcao then lad

I'm sure they'd be happy to part with him for a 20p I.O.U and some magic beans FFS

Yes because we can't get anyone better than zamora and Johnson. So let's be ridiculous and suggest Falcoa because we're really at a level were asking for better than zamora and johnson is unrealistic.. oh.. wait.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.