Strength In Depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have far more depth than last season and possibly have more to come before the deadline. Good times to be a blue.
Agreed the bench looks so much stronger this year. The players who weren't cutting it last season are benefitting from the new players around them. Early days but a massive improvement to date.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Holgate Digne
Doucoure Allan Gomes
James Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Lossl
Kenny Mina Godfrey* Nkounkou
Delph Gbamin Sigurdsson
Walcott Kean Bernard

You would be worried if it was more than 4 coming in from that 2nd team but generally speaking the squad is stronger than I realised. Virginia, Branthwaite, Davies, Iwobi and Gordon also to be considered.

We showed when Ancelotti first joined that we're capable of winning games even without James, Allan et al, so they are capable. It helps to have quality around them though. You just hope that James' fitness holds up. If we get a full season out of him that'll be huge.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Holgate Digne
Doucoure Allan Gomes
James Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Lossl
Kenny Mina Godfrey* Nkounkou
Delph Gbamin Sigurdsson
Walcott Kean Bernard

You would be worried if it was more than 4 coming in from that 2nd team but generally speaking the squad is stronger than I realised. Virginia, Branthwaite, Davies, Iwobi and Gordon also to be considered.

GK + RB + RF + CM

Need to be strengthened.

GK + RB + RF + CM

Need to be strengthened.

After yesterday's shenanigans I agree GK needs sorted. RB hopefully the injuries will force them to do something about it. RF if they are in the Richarlison mould and can cover striker as well it would be ideal. CM I'm happy with, I think once Gbamin is back we are well stocked in fact I would like to see us reduce by selling Sigurdsson and sending Davies on loan. Delph is a prat but he will do okay as bench cover. Just don't ask him to play back to back games.

Status
Not open for further replies.