Strategic tie up (feeder club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

argietoffee

Player Valuation: £20m
With the amout of good young players coming through the ranks, would it not be feasible to have a more formal arrangement with some decent level clubs in other counties?

We could send players on loan where we could still have a direct input on their development and in post Brexit UK, would possibly facilitate young players we sign internationally getting more experience before qualifying to come and play in the UK.

Our success rate on young players being loaned out has not been great.

Countries like Belgium and Portugal have some really small clubs in quite good leagues.

Should we be looking at this route?

...nah, it sound like all the Premiership teams have a 'B' team. It's not all about the Premiership, other teams have their own identity and place in the community. It'll be a sad day when we have feeder clubs.

Is there any real evidence that they work? I'm not sure the Antwerp tie-in really helped any of the United youngsters, and few of the Chelsea lads that go to Vitesse seem to progress to the first team. You could argue that Jonny Evans and John O'Shea contributed well to the United first team, but looking at the players they loaned there, they were of that standard, with guys like Gibson, Shawcross and Higgingbottom also spending time there.

It's a interesting topic this to turn it around slightly the Everton show on Friday night had unsworth & snodin as guests.

Snodin said whenever he goes to watch the u23s there are always plenty of scouts present & they all say that they enjoy watching Everton as they take it serious & play properly. Snodin went on to say we give 100% & put proper tackles in etc wherby a lot of teams just pass it around playing nice football.

His sentiments echoed a number of posters thoughts on here my point is clubs & fans bemoan u23 football however the clubs are a massive part of the Problem they need to take it more serious.
Without knowing the ins & outs of the format number of games etc it's hard to know exactly all of the issues but fix the format & take it serious how hard can it be.

We are also running our team very much in the vein of an actual club with unsworth having his own scout & ability to make transfers.

I don think too many other teams do this & whilst I sort of hope they all don't follow suit as we have an advantage in my eyes doing it this way I can't help but think if every club followed suit it would be a lot more competitive & as such be good for all concerned.

With the amout of good young players coming through the ranks, would it not be feasible to have a more formal arrangement with some decent level clubs in other counties?

We could send players on loan where we could still have a direct input on their development and in post Brexit UK, would possibly facilitate young players we sign internationally getting more experience before qualifying to come and play in the UK.

Our success rate on young players being loaned out has not been great.

Countries like Belgium and Portugal have some really small clubs in quite good leagues.

Should we be looking at this route?

There's almost a reverse feeder process going on with certain lower league clubs, where as the likes of the RS, spend years on kids in their academy and then boot them out to the likes of Morcambe and Accrington come contact time, due to the managers of these clubs having links to them.

For me, this is much better than a feeder club.

Also, we can grow our own coaching staff too and keep them close. Hopefully we're growing a future manager in Unsy.
Yes he is not just a good coach & potentially good manager he comes across as a good human being. I know we all want to win, & ultimately that it isn't a prerequisite for Everton manager to be a good person but would be nice to see a good guy achieve something if he did become manager.

Hopefully we are paying him commensurate or more than for example league one so really his only reason to actually leave would be to cut his teeth.

Although a double edged sword for him stay countinue to learn form Ronald & have a decent chance of taking over when the inevitable happens or leave & become a number one next season & possibly if it goes well ultimately get the job eventually anyway.

Easy for me to type this but I'd stay for now & win the u23 league then try & do it againnext season the see how many players i can get into the 1 st team & revisit at the end of next season.

Yes he is not just a good coach & potentially good manager he comes across as a good human being. I know we all want to win, & ultimately that it isn't a prerequisite for Everton manager to be a good person but would be nice to see a good guy achieve something if he did become manager.

Hopefully we are paying him commensurate or more than for example league one so really his only reason to actually leave would be to cut his teeth.

Although a double edged sword for him stay countinue to learn form Ronald & have a decent chance of taking over when the inevitable happens or leave & become a number one next season & possibly if it goes well ultimately get the job eventually anyway.

Easy for me to type this but I'd stay for now & win the u23 league then try & do it againnext season the see how many players i can get into the 1 st team & revisit at the end of next season.
I'd be biding my time personally if I were him.

Good post that.

If he plays the longer game he could well be senior manager. Although being selfish, I would love if he chose a DOF post at Everton.

Granted, it's Saturday evening and I'm wearing Blue tinted glasses.

...nah, it sound like all the Premiership teams have a 'B' team. It's not all about the Premiership, other teams have their own identity and place in the community. It'll be a sad day when we have feeder clubs.

Chelsea are basically using Vitesse for work permit issues as well as a feeder club

Status
Not open for further replies.