Still a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this 'big step' that we need to take to challenge the top 4 is what has undone us. Moyes worked so hard and did so well in slowly bringing in unknown players and turning them into brilliant acts. We suddenly try to bring in or at least be linked with lots of very expensive players and suddenly its too much to handle.

We cant suddenly be presented with enough cash to make this 'step up' and perhaps doing so well last season has just raised all fans expectations and put so much pressure on Moyes to keep us at that level and take us further.

Maybe we need to stick to what we've done over the past few years and bring in the same quality we have been bringing in, along with the odd record-breaking signing. Thats whats worked for us so far and until we get some investment or something, we might just have to stick with it.

My thoughts all along.

Well said.

All of a sudden, we're gonna have the cash to compete with the Big Three due to our recent rise?

Expectations indeed.

I think this 'big step' that we need to take to challenge the top 4 is what has undone us. Moyes worked so hard and did so well in slowly bringing in unknown players and turning them into brilliant acts. We suddenly try to bring in or at least be linked with lots of very expensive players and suddenly its too much to handle.

We cant suddenly be presented with enough cash to make this 'step up' and perhaps doing so well last season has just raised all fans expectations and put so much pressure on Moyes to keep us at that level and take us further.

Maybe we need to stick to what we've done over the past few years and bring in the same quality we have been bringing in, along with the odd record-breaking signing. Thats whats worked for us so far and until we get some investment or something, we might just have to stick with it.
Hard to disagree with you

For my money and i've been thinking this for awhile the players we were linked with were always realisticly out of our reach,we should have just carried on doing what we were doing and progressed slower maybe but much surer

Status
Not open for further replies.