Steve Watson: "Everton are head & shoulders above all the other clubs I played for"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysInBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
Played for Newcastle, Aston Villa, WBA and Sheff Wed, but says Everton were 'head & shoulders above every other club he played for', which is interesting because he's a Geordie who was at Newcastle for 8 years.

''Obviously I’m a Newcastle fan and always will be but Everton is head and shoulders above the other clubs I played for''

I took that to mean we're head and shoulders above every other club he played for, apart from Newcastle.

''Obviously I’m a Newcastle fan and always will be but Everton is head and shoulders above the other clubs I played for''

I took that to mean we're head and shoulders above every other club he played for, apart from Newcastle.

I took it the exact other way - that Newcastle were part of the other clubs he played for, other than Everton.

Anyway... interesting that he regrets leaving us. Hopefully a few of the current squad will heed his interview.

Interesting interview.

Regrets leaving the club in 2005, after turning down the club's offer of a 1 year deal.

Played for Newcastle, Aston Villa, WBA and Sheff Wed, but says Everton were 'head & shoulders above every other club he played for', which is interesting because he's a Geordie who was at Newcastle for 8 years.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-wish-id-never-8471284

I know someone who knows Steve Watson and family.

He does talk about Everton well. I believe he still lives in the north west too.

Status
Not open for further replies.