Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly, i'm struggling to figure out which Walsh annoys me more at this point in time
Steve-Walsh-592322.jpg
Louis_Walsh2009July.jpg

...just reading that former Spurs and Southampton head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, has joined Leipzig. It would make sense if he was behind the Lookman loan move.

Get anyone from the Bundesliga as D.O.F.

Interesting piece in The Guardian on Lookman and what has been seen as Leipzig's failings in the window....

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...s-slides-from-everton-into-leipzig-affections

"Perhaps the whirlwind nature of the last few days left the coach’s head spinning as much as it did the player’s. Hasenhüttl had asked for defensive cover in the window (especially after the serious injury to Marcel Halstenberg) but ended up with Lookman, partly because of the concern over a lingering abdominal muscle injury to Emil Forsberg. It was quite an un-Leipzig-ish deal struck with Everton, given there is no clause to make the transfer permanent.

For a club with such an apparently clear direction and way of working, the transfer window has been a very unsatisfactory experience for Leipzig, as the sporting director, Ralf Rangnick, admitted when speaking to Sky before Saturday’s match. The policy has been to steadfastly stick to locking in youngsters with development potential and sell-on value, rather than go for quick fixes or experience, but there appears to be a sense around the club that the team has shot up too quickly for the scouting system to develop as quickly as is required.

“Since the start of this season,” Rangnick told Sky, “we need good players who have Champions League levels [of quality]. We will now position ourselves to know every player in the world – everyone in Germany, everyone in Europe, China, Japan or wherever there are football players.” On Friday, Rangnick had announced a major restructuring of the scouting system and youth academy, with the under-19 side described by the former Hoffenheim coach as “our worst in six years”.

Hasenhüttl welcomed the move after the fraught winter window. “I can promise you we will do things differently in the summer,” he said. The first step towards that looks like being the arrival of Paul Mitchell, formerly of Southampton and Tottenham, to the club’s recruitment department."

He has to be gone in summer and a whole restructuring of the recruitment side of the club.

250 million spent and gone backwards.

He needs his p45 as soon as this season is finished.

I wish we could get Zorc from Dortmund.

He has to be gone in summer and a whole restructuring of the recruitment side of the club.

250 million spent and gone backwards.

He needs his p45 as soon as this season is finished.

I wish we could get Zorc from Dortmund.

Zorc is Dormund through and through. Former captain and club legend. There would be no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.