Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you'd think walsh would have quite a big say on who comes in.

He will be the one who works alongside the new manager.

I think its been quite obvious that walsh didn't see eye to eye with Koeman. it can not be coincidence that we were heavily linked to numerous players, esp strikers and yet failed to get one in. There must have been a conflict of interest between the pair on what player was actually required, resulting in us not even signing anyone, which quite frankly has ruined the season thus far.

I'm thinking that whoever comes in will be addressed about the role walsh plays and will either have to totally buy in to the arrangement or as Klopp has done at Liverpool, only sign up if he gets total say on all transfer activity.

If we do manage to tempt Tuchel, it will be interesting to see how this pans out. it could freeze wlash out of having any say on targets.

how do you see this playing out @davek @Zatara

you'd think walsh would have quite a big say on who comes in.

He will be the one who works alongside the new manager.

I think its been quite obvious that walsh didn't see eye to eye with Koeman. it can not be coincidence that we were heavily linked to numerous players, esp strikers and yet failed to get one in. There must have been a conflict of interest between the pair on what player was actually required, resulting in us not even signing anyone, which quite frankly has ruined the season thus far.

I'm thinking that whoever comes in will be addressed about the role walsh plays and will either have to totally buy in to the arrangement or as Klopp has done at Liverpool, only sign up if he gets total say on all transfer activity.

If we do manage to tempt Tuchel, it will be interesting to see how this pans out. it could freeze wlash out of having any say on targets.

how do you see this playing out @davek @Zatara

Tuchel worked under a DoF model at Dortmund, it's commonplace in Germany - although he did clash with them last season about who was brought in

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating myself - we, as a club, should make a decision about how we want to play. The appointment of manager and the transfer activity we engage in should reflect that. One of the issues with Koeman is that the system and style hasn't been clear and I think that's hindered us a lot, not least in the transfer market.

Decide what we stand for, how we want to play and go from there. Walsh should be part of that decision-making process as a proper DoF would be influential in who we bring in as manager to enable us to make sure we have people coming in who are going to be able to work with the players we have already got

Tuchel worked under a DoF model at Dortmund, it's commonplace in Germany - although he did clash with them last season about who was brought in

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating myself - we, as a club, should make a decision about how we want to play. The appointment of manager and the transfer activity we engage in should reflect that. One of the issues with Koeman is that the system and style hasn't been clear and I think that's hindered us a lot, not least in the transfer market.

Decide what we stand for, how we want to play and go from there. Walsh should be part of that decision-making process as a proper DoF would be influential in who we bring in as manager to enable us to make sure we have people coming in who are going to be able to work with the players we have already got

I think Tuchel would be a much better fit as to regards style of play.

I think we would play similar to how Leicester won the prem.

that being said, walsh and tuchel should be on the same page. the signings of lookman and vlasic would certainly be Tuchel type players I would imagine.

If it’s going to cause a conflict then bin off the Director of Football. Plenty of top managers get by perfectly fine without one.

Every manager makes duff buys, every single one of them. Unless you’ve got a manager and DoF in perfect harmony then it’s going to cause grief.

If it’s going to cause a conflict then bin off the Director of Football. Plenty of top managers get by perfectly fine without one.

Every manager makes duff buys, every single one of them. Unless you’ve got a manager and DoF in perfect harmony then it’s going to cause grief.

Managers are short term employees these days though. So when you go from an extreme of say Martinez > Koeman the stress shows. @toffeeblue9 is on the money, the manager should be chosen according to our criteria, they shouldn't be causing upheaval with playing staff, recruitment, scouting etc

I don't think anyone has posted this yet: http://sportwitness.co.uk/steve-wal...-inability-negotiating-enabled-chaos-everton/

Koeman has got more of his mates preparing his defence in the dutch papers.

Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad have had a look at the wider situation, and Koeman doesn’t escape blame. It’s stated he failed to build a positive relationship with the fans, who saw him as ‘arrogant, distant, clinical and with little tact’.

But he’s not alone, AD explain: ‘The inability of Technical Director Steve Walsh, hijacked from Leicester City, led to chaos. The discoverer of revelations like N’Golo Kanté and Riyad Mahrez appeared to be green at the negotiating table. Koeman was still short of a successor for Romelu Lukaku and a left-wing defender at the end of August, but largely received footballers for whom the Premier League came too early.

‘The incapable technical director Walsh caused a swamp, from which the coach did not find a way out fast enough.’

I don't think anyone has posted this yet: http://sportwitness.co.uk/steve-wal...-inability-negotiating-enabled-chaos-everton/

Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad have had a look at the wider situation, and Koeman doesn’t escape blame. It’s stated he failed to build a positive relationship with the fans, who saw him as ‘arrogant, distant, clinical and with little tact’.

But he’s not alone, AD explain: ‘The inability of Technical Director Steve Walsh, hijacked from Leicester City, led to chaos. The discoverer of revelations like N’Golo Kanté and Riyad Mahrez appeared to be green at the negotiating table. Koeman was still short of a successor for Romelu Lukaku and a left-wing defender at the end of August, but largely received footballers for whom the Premier League came too early.

‘The incapable technical director Walsh caused a swamp, from which the coach did not find a way out fast enough.’

if true then the board should sort this out.

as ive mentioned before, a new manager might not want to work under such a green DOF.

the new manager might insist on having sole control on all incomings and outgoings, freeing up walsh to do what he does best and go as head scout.

we can ill afford another couple of disasterous transfer windows.

Walsh is a good scout. We've given him a role he can't do. Don't think he'd negotiated a deal before in his life yet we made him DOF. He's a good coach/assistant manager with an eye for a hidden gem. He's not a suit. It's ridiculous strategy.

"Largely received footballers for whom the Premier League came too early"

Pickford
Keane
Williams
Martina
Gueye
Schneiderlein
Bolasie
Rooney
Sigurdsson

What an absolute load of complete and utter crap.

So basically we're saying Williams is a fascist. Knew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.