Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuchs played CL football for Schalke, Drinkwater was ex-United academy and Schmeichel was well known.

Vardy most certainly is a one season wonder. Achieved nothing till last season and not exactly set the world alight this year.

He did the majority of recruitment for a team that won the title, yet you're trying to explain away each player one by one as some sort of easy win or a fluke. So what if Drinkwater was ex United, no one else wanted him, same with Albrighton, Kante's stats may have been great but no one else gambled on him. Walsh is widely recognised as a very influential figure in the premier league yet he's barely got his feet under the table here and already fans with no knowledge whatsoever of what he does are knocking him and calling fraud. Utterly bizarre even for this place.

He did the majority of recruitment for a team that won the title, yet you're trying to explain away each player one by one as some sort of easy win or a fluke. So what if Drinkwater was ex United, no one else wanted him, same with Albrighton, Kante's stats may have been great but no one else gambled on him. Walsh is widely recognised as a very influential figure in the premier league yet he's barely got his feet under the table here and already fans with no knowledge whatsoever of what he does are knocking him and calling fraud. Utterly bizarre even for this place.

I wasn't calling him a fraud or wanting him out of the club I was merely wondering why his reputation only appeared nationwide after they won the title. Just tired of reading about Everton looking for the next Mahrez/Kante like they just walked out of a void onto Leicester's training field.

Im surprised with the mixed reviews being posted about Walsh. It has always struck me as odd as their is little tolerance amongnst supporters at Everton in football administration positions.

With a week to go until his final report card is in. Its been impressive piece of management from the our footballing godfather.

While the obvious attention is on recruitment, Lookman looks like a real gem. But for me the most impressive and presume the most difficult thing has been to clear out excess not contributing players. Essentially taking non contributing assets taking millions out of the club, putting them to work at other clubs, raising their profiles, getting other clubs to pay their wage and getting a loan fee in. It all might seem like minor business, but considering the players im sure finding good opportunities for them wasn't easy.

Now that all well and good, but when you actually analyses what this means for Everton its significant, the space in the squad, the saved wage, the potential for a future transfer fee. Chelsea has shown that if you can get your non playing assets put to work and make them less of a burden on your own club it can be a separate business that can raise 10s of millions for the club. Walsh may be at the beginning of this process.

One of the things that has struck me is the coordinated way our transfers have been done so seamlessly. We havnt signed or got rid of someone until the squad position was vacated or filled. Niasse to Lookmman and Cleverley to Snchederlin.

My feeling is this and may be the summer transfer window are going to be the most challenging for Walsh, given the dead weight in the squad but hes dne brilliantly to regulate it to the clubs advantage. With a week ago still and you would think movement still to happen both in and out, early report card is that he has been brilliant.

Im surprised with the mixed reviews being posted about Walsh. It has always struck me as odd as their is little tolerance amongnst supporters at Everton in football administration positions.

With a week to go until his final report card is in. Its been impressive piece of management from the our footballing godfather.

While the obvious attention is on recruitment, Lookman looks like a real gem. But for me the most impressive and presume the most difficult thing has been to clear out excess not contributing players. Essentially taking non contributing assets taking millions out of the club, putting them to work at other clubs, raising their profiles, getting other clubs to pay their wage and getting a loan fee in. It all might seem like minor business, but considering the players im sure finding good opportunities for them wasn't easy.

Now that all well and good, but when you actually analyses what this means for Everton its significant, the space in the squad, the saved wage, the potential for a future transfer fee. Chelsea has shown that if you can get your non playing assets put to work and make them less of a burden on your own club it can be a separate business that can raise 10s of millions for the club. Walsh may be at the beginning of this process.

One of the things that has struck me is the coordinated way our transfers have been done so seamlessly. We havnt signed or got rid of someone until the squad position was vacated or filled. Niasse to Lookmman and Cleverley to Snchederlin.

My feeling is this and may be the summer transfer window are going to be the most challenging for Walsh, given the dead weight in the squad but hes dne brilliantly to regulate it to the clubs advantage. With a week ago still and you would think movement still to happen both in and out, early report card is that he has been brilliant.

So are you saying mate that we talked Hull, AC Milan and Watford into taking Niasse, Del and Cleverley?

So are you saying mate that we talked Hull, AC Milan and Watford into taking Niasse, Del and Cleverley?

That's a bit to simplistic for me mate in term of the practicaties, I would think his role and interaction in the market would require the use of a broader skillset and networks.

If Walsh wasn't here I think those players still would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.