Stat attack - is 4th viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going to lay my (pessimistic) cards on the table and realistically say I think we will end up with around 60 + points and around 7th/8th.

Hopefully more if cheese string legs Mirallas keeps well and same goes for Gibbo. And Neville is nowhere near the first 11.

Going to lay my (pessimistic) cards on the table and realistically say I think we will end up with around 60 + points and around 7th/8th.

Hopefully more if cheese string legs Mirallas keeps well and same goes for Gibbo. And Neville is nowhere near the first 11.

I can't see how anybody could come to the logical conclusion that we could finish 8th.

7 points clear of Swansea and West Brom, we'd have to totally collapse to finish below one of them.

I'm trying to think who could possibly over take us.

Arsenal and the RS I can see. I don't think it'll happen, myself but I can see it. But who else?

Even if we only got to 60 points, that's 19 from our last 14 games (which is way below what we've done this season despite missing Gibson and Mirallas), then Swansea or West Brom would need to get 27 points from 14 matches.

Nah.

I can't see how anybody could come to the logical conclusion that we could finish 8th.

Well... we have to play United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelski, The RS (which we always fluff) away - City at home - not too optimistic about any of those - all the other games are imminently winnable but you know for a fact we will draw a couple. Ergo I reason around about there. Can see Arsenal improving second half of the season and the RS getting some scrawpy, dubious wins. Depends on how many points the others around us pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.