Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 3300? Thought there'd be more being how important the move is.

Interesting to see 40% of people who took part live outside the city, and there were more people outside of Merseyside that applied than people who lived inside.

I dont get the result of the last question though. 29.51% (911 people) were not eligible to vote. Is that the vote that went out for the move to begin with?

Only 3300? Thought there'd be more being how important the move is.

Interesting to see 40% of people who took part live outside the city, and there were more people outside of Merseyside that applied than people who lived inside.

I dont get the result of the last question though. 29.51% (911 people) were not eligible to vote. Is that the vote that went out for the move to begin with?

Last question refers to those getting the vote in the August ballot along with the club's glossy info and whether, in hindsight and with the info we now have to hand, people eligible to vote now feel misled - so yes, the 29% stated they hadn't that vote in the first instance.

On your point about location and that survey...I think the fact that the vast majority of respondents wanted to stay in Liverpool (and almost 3/4 wanted to stay in Walton) added to the fact that only 30% actually come from Liverpool itself puts to bed any argument that people against the Kirkby option "just dont want to travel/have their cosy local routine interrupted".

Now that 'issues' are arising during the planning process for the Kirby site such as spiralling cost to Everton, the possability of a much reduced capacity and the fact that the Everton Board haven't been completley honest about alternative proposals put forward with regards to the Walton site etc...

Would it be unreasonale to request the club to re-ballot this thorny issue?

I was reluctantly in favour for Kikby initially because I want the club to move forward, however, with each passing day I'm thinking its turning into a very bad idea and we'll end up moving backwards on a parity with the likes of middlesborough instead of amongst the elite where we belong.

Last edited:

Now that 'issues' are arising during the planning process for the Kirby site such as spiralling cost to Everton, the possability of a much reduced capacity and the fact that the Everton Board haven't been completley honest about alternative proposals put forward with regards to the Walton site etc...

Would it be unreasonale to request the club to re-ballot this thorny issue?

I was reluctantly in favour for Kikby initially because I want the club to move forward, however, with each passing day I'm thinking its turning into a very bad idea and we'll end up moving backwards on a parity with the likes of middlesborough instead of amongst the elite where we belong.

Yes.

Fans voted in favour of the move, time for people to get behind it rather then in opposition of the club.

If idiots like KEIOC want to be constructive with regards to the stadium issue, they should be lobbying LCC to provide suitable alternatives, not the club.

Thats a fair comment and I will back the club no probs I totally know were your coming from, it just bugs me and gets me thinking when you read reports in the media and comments made by other fans.

I remeber the Kings Dock Fiasco and when that went tits up, I just don't want to go down that road again.

Maybe I should stop being so negative, the team's done great over the last few years and the club in general seems to be in such a stronger position than 10 years ago when the likes of that hampers bloke was at the healm.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you Danny (about the re-balloting, shouldn't be done), I'm still amused that they even let the fans have a say.

Could not have been done in a worse possible way.

1) Pick your spot.
2) Build stadium.
3) Deal with the few naysayers after the fact.

What a can of worms.

Thats a fair comment and I will back the club no probs I totally know were your coming from, it just bugs me and gets me thinking when you read reports in the media and comments made by other fans.

I remeber the Kings Dock Fiasco and when that went tits up, I just don't want to go down that road again.

Maybe I should stop being so negative, the team's done great over the last few years and the club in general seems to be in such a stronger position than 10 years ago when the likes of that hampers bloke was at the healm.

Welcome mate ;)

You have to laugh at alot of our fans who are against Kirkby, I mean, they moan and moan about Kenwright/Wyness and co, saying they don't look for investment. If someone did take over, do they honestly think they wouldn't proceed with an offer like Kirkby?

Welcome mate.

Welcome mate ;)

You have to laugh at alot of our fans who are against Kirkby, I mean, they moan and moan about Kenwright/Wyness and co, saying they don't look for investment. If someone did take over, do they honestly think they wouldn't proceed with an offer like Kirkby?

Why, if a new regime came in, would they proceed with it? Logistical nightmare, costs rising to a point where the club have to pledge their future earnings to make it happen, opposed by 41% of it's season ticket holders last August which probably means more like 60-70% opposition now....why on earth would a new owner pursue this madness? The only reason this lot are pursuing it is because the true owner of the club, Philip Green, fancies getting his nose in the trough of a retail development and forcing up the price of his own club shares in any future sell off. I'm sure now with the planning mess even he will be looking to jettison his shares when this thing comes officialy crashing down.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you Danny (about the re-balloting, shouldn't be done), I'm still amused that they even let the fans have a say.

Could not have been done in a worse possible way.

1) Pick your spot.
2) Build stadium.
3) Deal with the few naysayers after the fact.

What a can of worms.

The (rich) People's Club. They know best eh?

Why, if a new regime came in, would they proceed with it? Logistical nightmare, costs rising to a point where the club have to pledge their future earnings to make it happen, opposed by 41% of it's season ticket holders last August which probably means more like 60-70% opposition now....why on earth would a new owner pursue this madness? The only reason this lot are pursuing it is because the true owner of the club, Philip Green, fancies getting his nose in the trough of a retail development and forcing up the price of his own club shares in any future sell off. I'm sure now with the planning mess even he will be looking to jettison his shares when this thing comes officialy crashing down.

How is this???

Based on data from polls subsequent to the split that'd be my guess at the level of opposition to the proposed move to Kirkby.

Do you have the links to these polls, i would just like to have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.