Spirit of The Blues at Leicester today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kid you not, I simply can't get that song out of my mind. Almost every waking minute since yesterday I've been humming that tune. Even using the remedy to lose an earworm, humming the national anthem, hasn't cured me.
Brilliant scenes yesterday with the fans singing in that corner of the ground.
Goodison will be rocking five minutes before kick off against Brentford with that resounding about the place.
Has it overtaken Grand Old Team? That's the big question.

well I got to tell you as a Leicester fan, that song is awesome. Sounded brilliant yesterday in the ground.

I'd not heard it before and couldn't make out any of the words (apart from "Whoooo! Everton") but in a world of very samey football chants, it was a breath of fresh air.

well I got to tell you as a Leicester fan, that song is awesome. Sounded brilliant yesterday in the ground.

I'd not heard it before and couldn't make out any of the words (apart from "Whoooo! Everton") but in a world of very samey football chants, it was a breath of fresh air

It made a reappearance in lockdown, with folk putting it on all sorts of famous film clips, and was instantly adopted (again) by the club.

I'd not heard it before and couldn't make out any of the words (apart from "Whoooo! Everton") but in a world of very samey football chants, it was a breath of fresh air.
It knocked Miley Cyrus of the top of the download charts last year lol

Just seeing the vid and some of the brilliant post in this thread have made my office in work dusty again - incredible, heartwarming, inspirational stuff from every single person in that away end yesterday.

The fans have never been the problem, we all want what’s best for Everton even if we might not always agree on how we go about it - I hope we can continue to come together now that we have frank to rally behind as I don’t think there’s supporters like us anywhere else in the world - for the years of dross we’ve had to sit through to continue to follow and support like we do is just mental.

To those of you who took issue with myself and the rest of the 27th minute campaign, we were never the problem and I hope you don’t forgot that we want the best for the club, and I hope that we get safe and then target real change together, as one group of fans, to sort out the owner, chairman and board once and for all.

We will always have grand old team (the song and the forum!), but spirit of the blues needs to be THE anthem we have going forward with frank - there is something special about the song, there always was, going back to the glory days and that specialness was rekindled with James and Carlo a couple of seasons ago when we got it to number one which needs to continue now.

I’m just off the work bogs to blow me nose - think me hay fever is kicking off…..
Ps I love yas all - even the cardinals.

It's good news for the Blues
and there’s no more time to lose
‘Cos we’re hot on the trail
and there’s no way we’re gonna fail
So get your coat on and get moving
‘cos we don’t know the meaning of losing
So come on, come on,
get down to Goodison Park. Wooooo

Everton, we never shone so brightly
Everton, the spirit of the Blues.
Everton, we never shone so brightly
Everton, the spirit of the Blues.