Match Thread Southampton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The league is stronger than its ever been. Soton are a pretty good team yet they find themselves languishing in relegation territory. It will be difficult for Everton to overhaul City and RS, but our team of lion hearts is made of tough stuff and I have high confidence in how our team will perform
The league is utter guff below the current top four - Its morphing into the SPL by the minute - personally I can only remember back to the very late seventies, but has the top flight ever been so generally poor.
I doubt it

....we are so much better than these teams, it really is a positive that we might have progressed more than our league position reflects.

A concern of Silva’s tactical ability is that we’ve lost games where we’ve been clearly superior. Brands strategy, though, might be working in that we simply have better players.

Have to own up to not watching the full game (been out drinking Guinness) or being a fan of Holgate as a CB, but from what I did see he gets my MoM. I’ve never doubted the game matters to Holgate, I fear for him physically at CB but he coped fine today.

Disagree a bit, weve lost/drawn games as weve missed open goals or been stuffed by VAR.

Also brands playera are obviously good quality but there are still weak links which havent been strengthend and a team is only as good as their weakest link.

Holgate gave a real captains performance today...proper organiser...passer...front foot leader.

For me its between him and Davies for motm

Im going for Mason because he was so calm today and its been a hard road back after the Firminho nonsense.

Disagree a bit, weve lost/drawn games as weve missed open goals or been stuffed by VAR.

Also brands playera are obviously good quality but there are still weak links which havent been strengthend and a team is only as good as their weakest link.

Holgate gave a real captains performance today...proper organiser...passer...front foot leader.

For me its between him and Davies for motm

Im going for Mason because he was so calm today and its been a hard road back after the Firminho nonsense.

...we can only blame VAR so far, we should’ve been out of sight at Brighton. We should’ve been out of sight today. A win is a win, but we are winning by the odd goal. We need to be more efficient both in front of goal and defensively.

Signs of encouragement, though, and I also went for Holgate as MoM.

MOTM Davies: 8.5 Celebrity Juice Xmas specials out of 10
Joint 2nd Mina & Sidibe: 8 scouse mispronounciations out of 10

...we can only blame VAR so far, we should’ve been out of sight at Brighton. We should’ve been out of sight today. A win is a win, but we are winning by the odd goal. We need to be more efficient both in front of goal and defensively.

Signs of encouragement, though, and I also went for Holgate as MoM.

Spot on. Should have been out of sight in that first half. Haven't seen a team play as badly as Southampton did, but we didn't punish them and then they equalised.

We are fragile at the back from set pieces and toothless in attack. We do have enough individual quality to scrape wins I think, certainly with the improved effort and energy we saw today. But I can't see how we're going to accomplish anything unless something changes massively at both ends of the pitch.

We are a joke this season, however we’re now 4 points off 5th place.
Not sure what’s more of a mess, everton fc or the league in general.

The league is utter guff below the current top four - Its morphing into the SPL by the minute - personally I can only remember back to the very late seventies, but has the top flight ever been so generally poor.
I doubt it

aren’t most leagues like that though, 4/5 dominate sides with the rest making up the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.