Some tactical observations on the Stoke defeat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
new-picture-78.png

I know its one static picture but there looks a quite simple way of creating a chance there going by how narrow Stoke are.

Seamus had an injury in the last 20 minutes?!?!?! How did I miss that? And has it been reported anywhere? How could our winger situation become more dire?

Nice one mate. Another thing I notice with our play is that we rarely switch the ball quickly from one side to the other to either isolate or outnumber a wing-back. Instead, we will either play ourselves into a dead end or move the ball slowly backwards and sideways by which time, the opposition has drafted in sufficient cover. Getting good numbers in the opposing penalty area is also one of our big problems. Considering we very rarely score from outside the box, it probably explains why we've scored at an average of just over a goal a game (21 goals in 20 games). Fellaini at least should be instructed to push on into scoring positions whenever possible.

Last edited:
Wow. Had to leave THT's Tactical Teachings Thread to come and post this when I saw it on your blog...

Pienaar and Arteta are the two midfielders we look to for a creative spark. Neither have managed an assist this campaign

I think that pretty much sums up our season... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.