Sky News censoring Roberto's Hillsborough Memorial speech??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else see Sky News's coverage?

Apparently they had to 'distance themselves' from his comments?

Any ideas?

It is possibly a legal thing, specifically the bit where he said "... and what happened after wasnt fair either". That is true of course, but whilst there are inquests ongoing it is legally questionable as to whether it can be presented as fact.

Though of course it could just be because they are weasels, from a family of weasels.

I guess it might have sounded a bit anti-establishment to Sky News. It got to the bit about picking on the wrong city and then they waffled over the rest!

It is possibly a legal thing, specifically the bit where he said "... and what happened after wasnt fair either". That is true of course, but whilst there are inquests ongoing it is legally questionable as to whether it can be presented as fact.

That's definitely it. Five Live said they wouldn't be able to broadcast the whole thing for legal reasons, too.

Comments made on Hillsborough could be seen as prejudicial for the inquest and the jury, so people should refrain from putting their tuppence worth in and let the legal processes get on with it.

It appears that the media (Sky News) & LFCtv are having to be careful what is shown etc,, due to the ongoing Hillsborough inquest
Quote from someone

I know lfc tv have something on screen

It's because of what has previously been mentioned. There is a notice on Liverpools website that due to legal reasons they wont be able to show parts due to the ongoing inquests

It's because of what has previously been mentioned. There is a notice on Liverpools website that due to legal reasons they wont be able to show parts due to the ongoing inquests

Seems like the most plausible explanation.

With the inquest running and a sworn jury potentially watching I am sure the lawyers would not allow the speech to be broadcast live in case it might be prejudicial.

With that in mind we should probably say no more.

This is on LFC TV Screen;

"Liverpool FC is respectful in its observance of reporting restrictions imposed during the Hillsborough inquests and is therefore taking a different approach to this year's Memorial Service coverage"

I know It's LFC TV but they are showing the full thing at 6pm and 9:30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.