singapore pre season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm picturing the travelling fans with cans pitching up in here..

arton12025.jpg

bets they know @the esk by name.

I'm picturing the travelling fans with cans pitching up in here..

arton12025.jpg

bets they know @the esk by name.

The rate for this splendid hotel starts from $400USD per night. There are many affordable hotels in Singapore and I'll be glad to recommend hotels and bars if anyone is interested.

As for the stadium, everything is world class except the pitch, it's awful and not fit to host a mini football tournament.

Anyone going should check out the restaurants behind Raffles Hotel in Purvis Street and Seah Street.

Singapore's famous chicken rice to be found there.

I had 1 of the best curries I've ever had in 'Little India' the budget end of Town, the fella came over talking to us and he'd worked in Ford's Dagenham, insisted we tried basically everything in the place, all served on a banana leaf whilst we sat in a carriage.
There'll be some tales from any of the lads that go after 'company,' it'll be like that game that Huth was good at.

I remember there were loads of Stout/Guinness bars down that end of town as well.

I had 1 of the best curries I've ever had in 'Little India' the budget end of Town, the fella came over talking to us and he'd worked in Ford's Dagenham, insisted we tried basically everything in the place, all served on a banana leaf whilst we sat in a carriage.
There'll be some tales from any of the lads that go after 'company,' it'll be like that game that Huth was good at.

I remember there were loads of Stout/Guinness bars down that end of town as well.

Yep, Little India is a fantastic place for eating, Komala Villas is one I remember. Will look up some others.

Unlike most other cities in SE Asia hygene standards in Singapore are extremely high so there should be no problems eating local or hawker food.

Yep, Little India is a fantastic place for eating, Komala Villas is one I remember. Will look up some others.

Unlike most other cities in SE Asia hygene standards in Singapore are extremely high so there should be no problems eating local or hawker food.

yeah, downstairs in shopping centres & market halls had huge eating halls with 'hawker' food that was fantastic, it aint the cheapest City by any means but you can avoid needing to take out a mortgage if you do it right.
You could of course also stay over the border in Malaysia as well, only probs we had there in Towns/Cities such as Malaka was that the Tourist/Religious Police would come around and give your stuff a thorough search, which happened about 3 times, there were some Leeds fans staying in 1 place that really got grief.

Funnily enough, about a month ago my wife said we should go to Singapore for a long weekend as we haven't been for a while. I may just get this across the line, and it's school holidays so can also take my son to his first Everton game

Status
Not open for further replies.