Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
People want us to sign Batshuayi because Martinez wants him and he's supposed to be good, and we need a striker.

They don't want a signing for the sake of it, they want a signing because we've got NO fit strikers at the club and two midfielders for two positions.

I don't get how you can think that's in any way acceptable for a club 'chasing' 4th.

Wenger says Arsenal need more strength in midfield and the media are saying they need another striker, and they have more depth in both positions than we do.

I agree we do need to strengthen but it really should have been done earlier in the window. If Martinez wanted Batshuayi that much he would have gone and got him earlier. I'm angry at us not signing anyone to this point but just don't think we should go spend money for the sake of it now. Although, if Martinez has recognised players he is really keen on and is trying to sign them then I support him fully.

Did Standard Liege just hold a presser to say that Michy Batshuayi wasn't being sold, weeks after the rumours have gone and the player himself said he'd be there for the rest of the season? Did Liege just popcorn us?

Work permit hearing in london??????

there was something in the air that night, the stars were bright.........

FERNANNNNDDOOOO!

Deja Vu :)

Maybe its the year we don't get a work permit for a player?? Last year failed medical, the other year we got a work permit for Ever Banega but never sorted a deal out with his club.

What will be the hard luck story from this window???

fax machine's broke

Status
Not open for further replies.