Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'd do to get Sergio roberto here on loan...honestly think he'd be the last piece of the puzzle in terms of us reaching a top 4 spot provided others stay fit.

Lads. Imagine how boss our team would be on FIFA if we got McGeady in. Seriously, i'd take him for free, take Landon in january too.

Doesn't seem like Martinez rates our strikers much though. He mentioned how he wanted to use january to make up for Kone and Gibson being out. So that means Vellios will never get a game ever again!

After all the usual negativity on here regarding the signing of McCarthy and Barry, if he want's to sign McGeady or Ince that's good enough for me.

No doubt someone will shoot Kone straight back at anyone who takes this stance, my answer would be a resolute "bore off".

The only thing I am not over keen on is too many loanees. Donovan would certainly be excellent back up to Mirallas though, so I can't see that being a bad thing under any circumstances.

McGeady was rated high enough for a club to spend 10.5 m on him.
I think a lot of the negativity towards him stems from his displays with the Irish national team. But we should remember he was playing for a manager that didn't trust players. A manager that played a championship player like Keith Andrews before a player from a top premiership club in Darron Gibson.
We have already seen McGeady produce more in two games under O'Neill/Keane than he did in five years under Trap.

McGeady is a pacy winger heading into the best years of his career, as a free signing it must be worth a try.

I think this is key with whatever midfielder we bring in. It's gota be someone who can play all 3 of the CM roles (No's 4 8 10 if you will) basically we need a better younger version of Osman!

de-guzman_2843214126710020130814185519.jpg

As a statement of intent, it would be good to see us raid another prem club and pinch one of their best players.

If McGeady had the exact same skills and abilities that he has got, but was spanish and called something fancy like Alfonso Alvarez or Diego Delgado (you get the point), people would be all over him and super excited about us being interested in signing him. He's a great player and I really hope we sign him.

I reckon we need a CM and a CF in January. If Baines goes then also a LB.

Apart from that there's really nothing else I think we need right now.

I didn't know what thread to put this in but I just wanted to say this; I've never felt as much love for so many Everton players as I do right now. I bloody love our team at the moment, it's a bunch of absolutely fantastic guys and brilliant talent.

Lukaku, Ross, Seamus, Leighton, Pienaar, Jags, Oviedo, Kevin, Deulofeu, McCarthy, Barry. Can't forget Tim in goal either.

Bloody love our Bobby as well.

It's like a never ending list of absolutely boss togger playing Toffee's. Love it.

Need a striker and a playmaker/cm imo. Outside of lukaku barry and McCarthy we have very little dept in those positions.

I reckon we need a CM and a CF in January. If Baines goes then also a LB.

Apart from that there's really nothing else I think we need right now.

I didn't know what thread to put this in but I just wanted to say this; I've never felt as much love for so many Everton players as I do right now. I bloody love our team at the moment, it's a bunch of absolutely fantastic guys and brilliant talent.

Lukaku, Ross, Seamus, Leighton, Pienaar, Jags, Oviedo, Kevin, Deulofeu, McCarthy, Barry. Can't forget Tim in goal either.

Bloody love our Bobby as well.

It's like a never ending list of absolutely boss togger playing Toffee's. Love it.

We have been linked with Jonas http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/89223/everton-set-to-bid-for-valencia-striker-jonas/
Jonas-300x168.jpg

I think he would be a good buy seeing as he has 8 goals in 12 games, but then again what if he ends up like Soldado.....

Status
Not open for further replies.