Should we have built the new stadium? Poll

Should we be building the new stadium?

• Yes - It had to be done

• No - This was not the time

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current match day revenue is about that and hasn't changed over the last decade. When the project was launched that was the estimated extra revenue the stadium would bring.

The current matchday income is about 15m, that might be up a bit since the price rises. When we move everything will go up 20 to 30% more so conservatively that's around 2 and a half million extra if we chop off the current hospitality and away tickets. The premium section of BMD will be generating 10 to 15 million just for those 5000 seats.

A GA ticket at Goodison is £55, that will be more like £65-68 at BM. 11400 extra GA seats (I think we will have around 2000 more premium seats so deduct them that go into the other total) if we say going on the worst case basis that the average ticket price will be £45 after you count kids and OAPs that will be 10 million a season.

We're up to 22.5 million more basic than Goodison at a lowball estimate without counting any of the other income streams. Just the fact there is 25% more people in the stadium would uplift the food and beverages side of things if it was like for like nevermind the extra choices you will be given at BM. 10 million isn't right.

You might think it's catch 22 because of the current circumstances the stadium might be a financial millstone but the fact is not having a bigger modern
stadium is one of a handful of reasons we're in this mess. Basically down to income. It's one of the reasons why we're so poor but I stress only one of the
reasons.

We desperately need the new stadium, Goodison is no longer fit for purpose when you compare it to teams we think we aspire to be like, it is a joke, and is miles behind, the Emirates, Tottenham, West ham, Newcastle, Villa, Etihad Trafford, Greyskull etc.
What has happened with Russia has killed us unfortunately but the is no choice we must get a new ground to even survive as a PL team, the big issue now as has been my fear all along is who will own the stadium when all this plays out?

The current matchday income is about 15m, that might be up a bit since the price rises. When we move everything will go up 20 to 30% more so conservatively that's around 2 and a half million extra if we chop off the current hospitality and away tickets. The premium section of BMD will be generating 10 to 15 million just for those 5000 seats.

A GA ticket at Goodison is £55, that will be more like £65-68 at BM. 11400 extra GA seats (I think we will have around 2000 more premium seats so deduct them that go into the other total) if we say going on the worst case basis that the average ticket price will be £45 after you count kids and OAPs that will be 10 million a season.

We're up to 22.5 million more basic than Goodison at a lowball estimate without counting any of the other income streams. Just the fact there is 25% more people in the stadium would uplift the food and beverages side of things if it was like for like nevermind the extra choices you will be given at BM. 10 million isn't right.
West Ham currently earns around double what Everton does per game, which if you go off perhaps 20 home games per season would give match day revenue roughly £10 million more than it is currently. Consider that West Ham averages around 58,000 per game.

In hindsight no, its an extra burden on the resources of this already failing club.

However, given the info we had when we started the process, Usmanov was going to bank roll us with ridiculous sponsorship and naming rights deals that would practically pay for the entire project. We have needed a modern stadium for years, and the future was looking secure at the time and the best way forward was with a new stadium.

West Ham currently earns around double what Everton does per game, which if you go off perhaps 20 home games per season would give match day revenue roughly £10 million more than it is currently. Consider that West Ham averages around 58,000 per game.

I can only say instead of focusing on articles that may or may not be truthful or better put do not show the complete picture, you just calculate with your own head what a stadium can generate based on our pricing and not theirs.

FWIW The latest I can see for West Ham is:

West Ham's match-day income in 2021-22 was £41.3million

Obviously they had European games to boost that figure but is it the fact they sell tickets for those games cheaper that is bringing the per match figure down? Do they have variable pricing for opponents? Things might not be so clear cut as they seem..

If anyone things Moshiri is just being tight because hes building a stadium, they are deluding themselves. He checked out once Usmanov did, and wasnt going to put any more into the playing team once that happened, stadium or no stadium. The stadium is the one great hope to attract the eyes of a much better owner.

I'm not sure I buy this tbh. If you look at how clubs make their money these days, not much of it actually comes from gate receipts. Indeed, our own figures suggest around 10% of our turnover is from matchday revenue, with broadcast revenue providing nearly 70%. Man City earned £35 million more in broadcast revenue than we did, and that's ignoring the revenue they earned by actually being good and getting into Europe regularly.

So for me, you're going to get a much better commercial return by investing the £750 million we're blowing on the stadium on the team and getting us into the CL spots on a regular basis. If we do that, then you can start spending money on vanity projects like a new stadium.
If we'd have spent as you say a further £750mil on the playing staff P&S and FFP would be all over it.
We would be on for the full transfer bans , maximum points deductions , huge fines and probably law suits from a myriad of clubs.
Relegation and Administration would quickly follow and a buyer nowhere in sight.

Has its good points tho , its a much quicker way for the club to be wound up.

Status
Not open for further replies.