Should I stay.... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the mo he has the full backing of the players, the fans and as far as we know the club. the first 2 are definate , the 3rd we aren't sure about due to internet rumours, if the fans turn against him then i think he'll say F u all, i'm off. we dont want to be the straw that breaks the camel's back, stay on his side and throw the shoit bills way or ross's way, it will have a less detrimental effect on the team, i like bill and cant criticise him for where we are compared to where we were when he came in, the criticism comes with the territory for him and he will accept it's part and parcel of his position, but i dont want it to be us the fans who force moyes out.

balls to it all, give me the dosh and i'll sign kroldrup, davies, nyarko and pembridge in no time.

job done?

What kind of message does it send to current players to say as their Manager you won't sign your contract until you see players come in?

And anyway either the money is there or it's not. If it is sign , if not walk. Then we'd all know where we stood. Maybe Moyes situation is putting off potential signings?

What kind of message does it send to current players to say as their Manager you won't sign your contract until you see players come in?

And anyway either the money is there or it's not. If it is sign , if not walk. Then we'd all know where we stood. Maybe Moyes situation is putting off potential signings?

Its not.

Maybe Moyes is using his contract as a bit of a squeeze on Kenwright, I mean theres no Kirkby, theres no new talent at the club and the best manager of the past 10 years is not guaranteed to be here at the end of the season. Kenwright has nothing particularly marketable about the club if he wanted to sell so his best case of action is to get some of these factors sorted.

If Davey wants more money than Kenwright is offering for transfers, then all he has to do is dither on his contract and refuse to buy anyone lower than the standard he wants and bam the choice is obvious to Bill, shell out a bit more or make a massive loss overall on the business.

To be honest if this is what hes doing its a great way to get what he wants without setting an ultimatum for BK.

at the mo he has the full backing of the players, the fans and as far as we know the club. the first 2 are definate , the 3rd we aren't sure about due to internet rumours, if the fans turn against him then i think he'll say F u all, i'm off. we dont want to be the straw that breaks the camel's back, stay on his side and throw the shoit bills way or ross's way, it will have a less detrimental effect on the team, i like bill and cant criticise him for where we are compared to where we were when he came in, the criticism comes with the territory for him and he will accept it's part and parcel of his position, but i dont want it to be us the fans who force moyes out.

That wont change in a hurry. He has built up massive respect amongst players and fans and it'll take years of spinning against Moyes to have any impact on that support. I think we all know that apart from a handful of disgruntled people who have never liked Moyes, the only mutterings coming his way right now is from the Official Site and shills on the internet who are pushing the club's agenda that Moyes has been rolling in money since the end of last season and unwilling to buy unless they are world class.

Pretty pathetic and funny at the same time. ;)

Of course it's not. We've signed nobody all summer because:
It's a slow market.
Agents have let us down.
Despite working night and day - it all takes time.

Big name players will want to know the Manager's vision for the future. Might be hard to buy into the vision if the Manager does not seem sure he will even stay. Last thing a player wants is to sign for a club and find a new Manager coming in who may not rate him.

Moyes really needs to take a stand one way or another.

I wasn't agreeing with you. Something is happening behind the scenes, and its make or break. Moyes knows it and that's why he's not signed yet.

I think he will go and he will go with the majority of blues blessing. To not give him any sort of decent money this summer is an absolute disgrace

I think he will go and he will go with the majority of blues blessing. To not give him any sort of decent money this summer is an absolute disgrace

Yea it will be a shame too if he goes, probably would have been a much different summer/ start to the season had he got just one of his top targets

I may have to bow to your greater knowledge of things Everton BUT as Dixie69 mentioned please let us know one way or the other.
It is not a great deal to ask is it ?
To be honest I cannot see any of the alleged targets coming anywhere near a club where the Manager may. or may not, be on his way. As somebody else mentioned on the thread a new manager may not like/fancy any of the players brought in by Moyes. In which case they would be on their way before having a chance to prove themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.