Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the game. Fantastic win and I thought they played well in general. Sheffield United didn’t really have a chance. The one through on goal was offside anyway.

That said, we really need to create more. Looking very lacking of ideas.

Expecting to beat Man City with these tactics and formation and don’t think that would have been likely a few weeks ago. Well done Everton!

Chance that

lucky
....we’ve had the ‘Dogs of War’ and now we’ve got the ‘Grinders’.

Ancelotti has found a way to win without our most creative talent ( Richarlison, Digne and Rodriguez). It might not be pretty but it’s effective and fair play to him, it’s the challenge a manager has to meet. I thought his substitutions worked well, Bernard kept the ball and provided some threat in the top third whilst Coleman gave us another dimension.

Sigurdsson must read GOT, I posted amongst the plaudits from the last game that he needs to get on the end of chances and score vital goals. 1-0 Sigurdsson should be a more regular Scorecast. Mina is playing really well, he’s been my my MoM for two consecutive games but this time I’m going for Davies who I thought was brave in possession and effective in CM alongside Doucoure who also put in a shift. DCL and Godfrey consistently contribute.

Well done The Grinders. UTFT.
Following your lead I searched the app store to see if there's an app to help me to support the grinders. Turns out there is! I must say some of the posts seem a bit off topic, but its a sociable forum, with all the lads keen to meet up.

Game changed when Bernard replaced Gordon and then again when Coleman came on. Defensively we look solid, but when you don't have your full backs venture past the half way line, you lack options and DCL is then isolated. Straight away Coleman got himself forward and we began to look a bit more dangerous.
I know Bernard is like marmite but his touch and ability to unlock defences is quality. Just a shame he is so inconsistent.
Davies was quality.
Do we have enough players for tomorrow night? ‍♂️♂️

We didn’t ‘Everton’ this game. It’s almost the point where we might have to change that definition thank god.

underperforming 3 points, and Brewster didn’t open his PL account against us. I was sure this was going to be Ricky Van Wolfswinkle round 2
We won without richarlison, that's another jinx broken, just need to win at anfield now.

Following your lead I searched the app store to see if there's an app to help me to support the grinders. Turns out there is! I must say some of the posts seem a bit off topic, but its a sociable forum, with all the lads keen to meet up.
yes, they all enjoy a pre-game pint at The Lisbon (or so I've heard)...

We won without richarlison, that's another jinx broken, just need to win at anfield now.
Baby steps mate... Carlo is destroying these jinxes one by one.

when we do beat then, I want it to be their full strength team... so there are no excuses (there will always be an excuse from that lot, but you know what I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.