Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we miss out on Europa, then what? Hope to miss out on Europa again the following season? Or some fantasy that we'll leapfrog all of them into CL? Even in that case we'll not do anything in it because we need to show we can play in more than one competition. This season fell apart when we had to play several times per week because we just don't have enough quality outside today's 11.
Europa is absolutely necessary to continue building.

Yep. The current manager of Arsenal (or Chelsea) built his reputation by winning the EL 3 times.

If we get in, we deal with it. Plenty of posts in various transfer threads saying our squad is too big. Well then we use some.

spurs gradually built to CL semi finalists, by become europa league regulars first. We have a massive squad, some players like mirallas who would be about 8th choice wingers with us, would be good enough to get us through europa qualifying. I really don't see it as a hinderance, it's better than pre-season friendlies.

Just before anyone says it, i don't mean we'd actually play mirallas, i was just pointing out that whilst half of our squad is labelled as "tosh" even they would safely see us past teams from lithuania, then half of the teams in our group.

Do you wanna finish 8th forever?
No but it's it vital where this team are now and with the works Brands and Marco have to do, that we don't have the distraction of the Europa league next season.
This squad isn't complete, get that right then take on Europe, there is no other way to do it.

Looking at the fixtures left for us and the other teams around us, I think we'll get 7th should we take 6 points from our remaining games. We're more than capable of beating Palace (despite their great win today) and Burnley.

I know there's some fans who want us to miss out but do they want our team to throw games? And these types would still be coming on here cryarseing about us losing games if we lose to Palace and Burnley.

No but it's it vital where this team are now and with the works Brands and Marco have to do, that we don't have the distraction of the Europa league next season.
This squad isn't complete, get that right then take on Europe, there is no other way to do it.
See what you are saying but who wouldn't wanna go say a inter Milan away or say a decent Spanish or German away were we take thousands there the days you remember or even the mad never heard of teams . I know there's a lot of extra games on top of domestic fixtures but imagine a semi final at goodison maybe am a dreamer but that what sways it for me

Looking at the fixtures left for us and the other teams around us, I think we'll get 7th should we take 6 points from our remaining games. We're more than capable of beating Palace (despite their great win today) and Burnley.

I know there's some fans who want us to miss out but do they want our team to throw games? And these types would still be coming on here cryarseing about us losing games if we lose to Palace and Burnley.

To be fair its not in our hands, so we can win all 3 and not get it.

Yep. The current manager of Arsenal (or Chelsea) built his reputation by winning the EL 3 times.

If we get in, we deal with it. Plenty of posts in various transfer threads saying our squad is too big. Well then we use some.
I don't know how Arsenal get away with seemingly playing the U23s in it during the early stages, but I really don't think most of our fringe players are good enough. It would take some good additions, and some outs of the crap ones, for us to go decently far in it without comprimising our league performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.