Serious question as foreign supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I supporting the wrong club? I constantly see Liverpool fans bashed for being foreign or not from Liverpool. Just makes me wonder if I support the wrong club that doesn't like support from Americans or other countries.
No. It is just like slagging off other clubs for having rich owners with Russian associations.....until we got one. One day we will win something again.....possibly and the club profile will increase. If we have a long run of success we will get more fans from overseas and then boast about our global reach (if Only) Carry on and spread the word as our marketing department have failed to do. Liverpool supporters call us 'Bitter Blues' it is the only thing they were ever right about.

I look forward to commiserating over our beloved Buffalo Bills, @Shipped.

You're a bills fan? I'm near buffalo, huge bills fan. I'd love to help you convert him, but I'd almost feel guilty about it.

Oddly enough I think being a Bills fan is what drew me to appreciate Everton. I'm 28, so I missed the glory years and grew to know them as a great club, an underdog down on it's luck at times with knowledgeable supporters who continue to support the club through thick and thin.

The other major clubs in the premier league just don't have the personality and history I respect.

You're a bills fan? I'm near buffalo, huge bills fan. I'd love to help you convert him, but I'd almost feel guilty about it.

Oddly enough I think being a Bills fan is what drew me to appreciate Everton. I'm 28, so I missed the glory years and grew to know them as a great club, an underdog down on it's luck at times with knowledgeable supporters who continue to support the club through thick and thin.

The other major clubs in the premier league just don't have the personality and history I respect.

Love the Bills more than appropriate, really. My folks used to take me to games from infancy. In the winter they had this miniature sleeping bag thing. Unsafe and hilarious. My dad is convinced my first word was Bruuuce. Four damn superbowl parties in a row (background: we lost them all).

The similarities between the Bills and Everton are significant. Bills are a very old franchise, pre-AFL, then AFL, then NFL. Last championships before the modern iteration (i.e. NFL). Anyway I'm rambling. Clearly I'm a glutton for sports punishment.

Love the Bills more than appropriate, really. My folks used to take me to games from infancy. In the winter they had this miniature sleeping bag thing. Unsafe and hilarious. My dad is convinced my first word was Bruuuce. Four damn superbowl parties in a row (background: we lost them all).

The similarities between the Bills and Everton are significant. Bills are a very old franchise, pre-AFL, then AFL, then NFL. Last championships before the modern iteration (i.e. NFL). Anyway I'm rambling. Clearly I'm a glutton for sports punishment.

That's almost me down exactly, and I saw the same comparisons. That's why it just felt right to be a blue. I didn't quite go in infancy, but I've been going to games since 94 when I was 5. Always debate getting season tickets. I miss the days of the crowd letting out a loud Bruuuuuuuce during player introductions or sacks. I remember as a toddler asking my dad why are they booing him lol. Had a life sized poster of him on my bed room door from a game give away as a kid. I'm rambling too, but I agree, it is a certain sick glutton for punishment that draws you to these teams.

One of my favorite Bills games I attended, now, rather than in the moment was Dallas Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.