Seeing Everton Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Derby will be moved to either Sunday or more likely Monday as the RS are in the Europa and play on the Thursday.

Gah, that'll be [Poor language removed] if it happens, won't be able to make monday and sunday would be hard too

Herk I'll also be visiting Goodison for the first time. Maybe it will be the Watford match if I get my passport in time!

Herk I'll also be visiting Goodison for the first time. Maybe it will be the Watford match if I get my passport in time!

That's awesome man,

Was thinking of seeing Spurs at White Hart Lane on the 29th August because I was originally flying out early morning that day, but could change it to a day later and go to the match, just means I need to find another night accommodation in Reading (which isn't cheap due to the festival)

I love these sort of threads.
Eavesdropping on a fan's planning for their first visits.
Not sure why they just make me smile.

as said The Liner is a decent and affordable place to stay.

Before you book any flights beware the fixture may change times due to TV

Hi all,

Don't know if this is the right place for this post, but I'm planning on coming to see Everton for the first time in my life (long way away in Australia!) I'm spending an exchange semester in Amsterdam and after supporting Everton for the last twelve years I've finally got the chance to go see a game.

Does anyone have any recommendations on accommodation, what airport to fly to and the availability of tickets for big matches? Personally I want to see the derby, but I'll only be in Europe till late January so if the Goodison derby is second I might skip that. How hard is getting a ticket to the Goodison Derby (or in worst case, Anfield /shudder) or a match such as United or Arsenal.

Thanks

Do what I did book ticket and hotel package through Thomas Cook, we got decent seat in the main stand, ticket pick up at Bullens Rd with your printed off downloaded thingy.
We used The Hotel Indigo decent enough, ace full English for the morning after the night before, handy for the bus train thing ( there are plenty of taxis in town to get there but not that many when 40,000 let out all at once, central for more bars that you can shake a stick at.
Bear in mind that though nominally Saturday kickoffs they will more than likely get moved to Sunday or even Monday night, 6 weeks or so before the day to suit Sky. Thomas Cook know this and are flexible re hotel dates but the air lines are not.

On the day we got there 3+hrs before KO to soak up the whole vibe...and the beer.

Me and ( surprisingly ) Mrs Degsy enjoyed the whole weekend and also recommend the ground tour on the Friday and a look round St Lukes on match day.

Book early but beware that sky will probably change the day to suit themselves

Last edited:
Gwladys Street and Bullens Road stands are very old. On the lower level, the seats at the back are underneath the stand above. The view is very restricted - it's like looking through a letterbox. But once the fans stand up - and they may stand for much of the game - there is no view at all. In addition, there are many seats where the view is obstructed - sometimes quite badly - by columns.

The Main Stand also has many seats with an obstructed view. These are all marked on the ticket website. But the Park End has a cantilever roof and no columns at all. Booking a package - ticket plus hotel - though Thomas Cook would make things simple. You should get a good ticket too, perhaps even in the Main Stand.

Changes for TV are announced regularly throughout the season, perhaps every two months or so. Changes are a pain for everyone, but especially for fans travelling by air. Matches may be moved to Saturday lunchtime, Saturday teatime, Sunday afternoon or Monday night. Some cup ties are even brought forward to Friday night.

Another complication is the Europa League. When teams have played a Europa League game on Thursday, their Saturday game is put back to Sunday, and sometimes to Monday for TV. Tottenham and Liverpool have qualified for the group stage of the Europa League, and Southampton and West Ham will enter the qualifying rounds.

To make things even more difficult, teams eliminated from the Champions League may also join those in the Europa League. So you might check the website for the dates of the Europa League games. Very occasionally, a game is postponed due to bad weather - frost and snow, heavy rain or high winds.

Before the game, you can pass your time in a local pub or cafe. The Fan Zone behind the Park End has stands for food and drink and an entertainment stage too. There is a lot to see in Liverpool. If you have time, take a circular trip on a Mersey Ferry. Hope your trip goes well. Enjoy the whole experience - regardless of the result.

Yeah think I'll do that, supports the club as well so why not :)

Is there a specific part of the stadium I should aim for seat wise? Chanting areas and stuff like that are good, clearly won't beat the Perth Glory Shed though
Der Der Der Der Der Der Der Der, we're Perth Glory!?!?!?!

I'll be over there for the first time in November lads, what's the deal with away games?
Have to hunt on twitter for spares close to gameday or is there an easier way?

Cheers.

Just wondering if there's any restrictions regarding cameras?

They say there is but i've seen people with professional cameras in Goodison and nothing was said, i would just be discrete about it, i presume you mean for photos? I wouldnt film, but photos no problem IMO. I think they will search your bag as you go in.

I'll be over there for the first time in November lads, what's the deal with away games?
Have to hunt on twitter for spares close to gameday or is there an easier way?

Cheers.

Myself and im sure a few others can hook you up with away tickets no problem, always spares going around.

They say there is but i've seen people with professional cameras in Goodison and nothing was said, i would just be discrete about it, i presume you mean for photos? I wouldnt film, but photos no problem IMO. I think they will search your bag as you go in.
Yeah just a DSLR for photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.