Second half of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelseyGrammer-Beast-SuitsBlue

Banned - Admitting Duplicate Account
Last season saw us lose Arteta, Anichebe and then Jagielka.
This term we have seen Fellaini injured in early February and Donovan has only a few weeks left with us before he heads back to California.
The three at the top were massive misses for us last year, and the later two have been good performers for us so far this year.
Can we fight on in the league (most importantly) to get a Europa spot for next year, and how much importance should be granted to the Europa this year?
Simply put, another injury or two and we end up in as bad if not worse a position as we were in a couple of months ago, only with the season finale and 'summer' transfers to look forward to.

due to the nature of our fixtures after the man u. and spurs matches in the league(mostly teams in the bottom half of the table) Ias long as we don't get an injury to another key player I think we can get that seventh spot and secure europa league qualification.

Last season saw us lose Yakubu, Arteta, Anichebe and then Jagielka.
This term we have seen Fellaini injured in early February and Donovan has only a few weeks left with us before he heads back to California.
The three at the top were massive misses for us last year, and the later two have been good performers for us so far this year.
Can we fight on in the league (most importantly) to get a Europa spot for next year, and how much importance should be granted to the Europa this year?
Simply put, another injury or two and we end up in as bad if not worse a position as we were in a couple of months ago, only with the season finale and 'summer' transfers to look forward to.

Fixed ;)

There is no guarantee of a seventh spot untill we know who wins the cups.

As for getting into Europe, let's put less thought into qualifying this year, and more thought into winning what we are already qualified for.
Afterall, the idea is not just to qualify, but to take part in the competition, and actually win it, and we're one step closer to doing this after our last match.;)

I think we should put more emphasis on the league rather than europe. If we want Europe next season we can't afford to lose any more players to fixture congestion.

We're 6 points from 7th, 9 points from 5th. We'd have to hope one or a couple out of Villa, Spurs, Liverpool and Citeh all lose about 3 games, we'd need to win about 90% of the remainder of our games (or there abouts). Chelsea win the FA Cup this year...or we win the Europa League.

Fellaini out for the season is a massive blow. Donovan, who gave the team a big pacy boost, is gone in a couple of games. Add to the fact that Brum still seem steady, and that Fulham are getting players back who are only a point behind us......

I cant see us getting into a European spot.

I think we should put more emphasis on the league rather than europe. If we want Europe next season we can't afford to lose any more players to fixture congestion.

And then next season we should sacrifice Europe to concentrate on the league to get into europe, before sacrificing it of course, so that we can concentrate on the league to get into europe, though once there it's best we concentrate on the league, wouldn't want to miss out on europe after all.

And then next season we should sacrifice Europe to concentrate on the league to get into europe, before sacrificing it of course, so that we can concentrate on the league to get into europe, though once there it's best we concentrate on the league, wouldn't want to miss out on europe after all.

I would hope that if we get into Europe again then we would then look to progress and improve the club. If we don't finish in Europe this season, then we are going backwards. It is better to get into Europe and then not mess up the first part of the season, rather than miss out on Europe this season and not mess up the start of next season.

I would hope that if we get into Europe again then we would then look to progress and improve the club. If we don't finish in Europe this season, then we are going backwards. It is better to get into Europe and then not mess up the first part of the season, rather than miss out on Europe this season and not mess up the start of next season.

If we win Europa, are we not moving forward, and automatically qualifying again?

It's teams like Villa that don't deserve to qualify after fielding weakened squads in it ...... so they could concentrate on the league .... and you guessed it ... qualify for Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.