Season Ticket Waiting List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the membership this year, as struggled to get tickets last year. Put our names down on the list as well, as I've started working Monday to Friday, my lad plays less football at the weekend now. Not holding out any hope of getting one anytime soon, after reading this thread. Membership has been okay, as long as I set a reminder to get in the queue the day tickets go on sale.

Mad how when Moyes was in charge from the mid to late 00s, you could get the half season tickets every year (I did a couple of times as well).

In the 10-15 years since, we’ve gotten worse as a club beyond belief on and off the pitch but it’s 10 times harder to get a ticket than it ever has been.

Is it purely down to people wanting a spec at the new ground?

Mad how when Moyes was in charge from the mid to late 00s, you could get the half season tickets every year (I did a couple of times as well).

In the 10-15 years since, we’ve gotten worse as a club beyond belief on and off the pitch but it’s 10 times harder to get a ticket than it ever has been.

Is it purely down to people wanting a spec at the new ground?
IMO, yes its all to do with BMD and goodison nostalgia. 2017 was when we leased BMD from peel holdings and i reckon this is about the time the ST waitlist started to balloon.
For the reasons you state above. It makes no sense for us to get more popular based on the slow decline of football standards since Moyes left.

Also i think once people hear about a growing waitlist its a self fullfilling thing. Everyone suddenly has to join it to not miss out on getting the ST that they were not sure they even wanted before.

Last edited:
IMO, yes its all to do with BMD and goodison nostalgia. 2017 was when we leased BMD from peel holdings and i reckon this is about the time the ST waitlist started to balloon.
For the reasons you state above. It makes no sense for us to get more popular based on the slow decline of football standards since Moyes left.

Also i think once people hear about a growing waitlist its a self fullfilling thing. Everyone suddenly has to join it to not miss out on getting the ST that they were not sure they even wanted before.

Nah well before the stadium being even a thought, I know this because the year I dropped my season ticket at uni i couldn't get one the next year. And I remember being 2 years into my grad job when Mosh was spotted at BMD.

Nah well before the stadium being even a thought, I know this because the year I dropped my season ticket at uni i couldn't get one the next year. And I remember being 2 years into my grad job when Mosh was spotted at BMD.
Well if was definitely after 2012 as thats when i went on the website and happily chose my season ticket for me and my old man. What year was it that you couldnt get ticket? We are homing in....

Well if was definitely after 2012 as thats when i went on the website and happily chose my season ticket for me and my old man. What year was it that you couldnt get ticket? We are homing in....

I'm gonna say 2016? It was because we just got took over , Martinez was sacked and everyone thought we were gonna win the lot.

My current ST started with a half season in 2014/15. I think that was the last time they were offered. Phoned the box office December 2014 and was invited down to Goodison same day to choose seat, from 3/4 different areas.
A lad I sit with who’s had his ST since late 80,s, registered his young son 5 years ago, and still not heard anything.
The demand now is mental, and like others have said, it’s not down to the quality of footy as that has got gradually worse.

My current ST started with a half season in 2014/15. I think that was the last time they were offered. Phoned the box office December 2014 and was invited down to Goodison same day to choose seat, from 3/4 different areas.
A lad I sit with who’s had his ST since late 80,s, registered his young son 5 years ago, and still not heard anything.
The demand now is mental, and like others have said, it’s not down to the quality of footy as that has got gradually worse.

The growth of social media maybe? People love to show they go the game.

The glamourisation of how popular the prem is now?

When did the season tickets become so hard to get? I had one from the late 80s to 2009 when I got a ban, I came back in 2011 and was imediately able to buy one in the Park End, it was also far easier to get away tickets back then aswell and I got full credits within a couple of seasons from memory.
Back at the start of the 2017/2018 season I bought my 2 sons a ST each, wanted them in the Park End near to mine and my wife's, but there wasn't any available there, so I had to get them in the Upper Bullens. Luckily a mate was also after a couple of STs as well so between us we managed to get 4 all together in the UB, which meant we could swap seats if needed so I could be sat next to my boys. There was literally no "Waiting List" as far as I can remember, and that was only 5 years ago. I just contacted the Box Office and bought them.

Managed to get my boys moved near to me in the Park End the following season as well, just by filling in the Seat Move Request form online.

It truly baffles me how there is now such a high demand / big wait list in such a short space of time. Wasn't that long ago that the club were desperately trying to flog half-season tickets as Xmas presents! It's not like we've been winning stuff or had anything much to cheer about these last 5 years either.

Yeah could be. Although reality is it’s felt like a chore going at times the last few seasons though.

Day out with mates and family isn't it despite how crap we've been.

You've got lads and girls pointing out how much of a bigger fan they are than anyone else because they attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.