Season Summary 2023-24

Finished 14 points above the relegation spots ( we were actually safe in December ) that's even with the 8 points deductions.

I'm sure the way we seem to be the Prems favourite whipping boys we would of all took that before the season started.

And that Derby win was Priceless in many ways.

Tbh, another season of mediocrity, to go with the many other seasons of mediocrity. It'll be a long time before I see the fabled light at the end of the tunnel. It's all so depressing to witness how far we've fallen.

Tbh, another season of mediocrity, to go with the many other seasons of mediocrity. It'll be a long time before I see the fabled light at the end of the tunnel. It's all so depressing to witness how far we've fallen.
Sadly years and years of ineptitude and mismanagement to undo. The rebuild starts at the top. It's going to be a long way back.

No doubt to the annoyance of many, 'The Esk' has given his verdict on the season in the Guardian.
1000014393.jpg
1000014391.jpg
1000014392.jpg

They really need to get a move on with those Man City charges….we’ve now been demoted from fourth most number of top flight championships to fifth and they more they win, the more of a pickle it will become in applying an appropriate sanction if/when found guilty - it’s just a joke that a club that used to be a bit of a joke have now won four titles in a row, the first time anyone has ever done that. Next week they could be the first club to do back to back league and FA Cup double. Just a complete farce.

There’s been plenty said about the plethora of off the field issues taking the focus off of where it should be; on the pitch and about the footy. However this seasons greatest achievement is a rare positive off the field issue - that absolute gimp Matt Hughes has got the sack.

Oh and Dyche has done a very good job in horrid circumstances. Huge summer ahead for him and Kev.

There’s been plenty said about the plethora of off the field issues taking the focus off of where it should be; on the pitch and about the footy. However this seasons greatest achievement is a rare positive off the field issue - that absolute gimp Matt Hughes has got the sack.

Oh and Dyche has done a very good job in horrid circumstances. Huge summer ahead for him and Kev.

it’s huge as we need the whole slate wiped

for dyche to build

if none of this happens it’s same again

and wel be weaker

12th place with 48 points. With THIS squad.

Quite the achievement.

Probably worth noting the work of the medical team, the physios, the analysts and the strength & conditioning team - can't remember the last time we saw a season with so few major injuries.
Can I also add to that the work of the coaching staff - the fitness of the players also is part of the lack of injuries.