Transfer Rumour Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a transfer that should have worked. England international, top professional at Villa and City. Gets to Everton and just spends the entire time in the treatment room or arguing with fans. That was another indicator for me that the culture in the squad is wrong. Too many players can slack off once they get here. Schneiderlin was the same. Showed his level initially but then could never be bothered to perform anywhere near it again.

I'm sure Delph's injury record was a bit dodgy before we brought him in mate.

Could be a clever signing that.

Opportunistic (thinking FFP), and he looked a very good player under Benitez;

Longstaff started off playing as an advanced midfielder. Not an attacking one as such but further up the field who would play simple, sensible balls to the more skillful players to run on to.

He got injured, returned to the team and played in front of the back 4 which is really not his game at all especially in a side that is constantly under the cosh.

Lately he has been playing further forward again and has started to improve.

No idea who was manager at which point etc but basically if we are looking to sign him as a holding mid then that would be utter madness, if we are looking to play him further forward though then it could be a decent enough move.

He reeks of Tom Cleverley to me.

Not going to get over excited or write the Lad off before he buys his bus ticket to Liverpool One. As mentioned before on this thread he will offer more than our current bunch of midfield generals.... Davies Gbamin, Gomes and Delph. Need to get rid of these £££ wasters but can anybody see anyone other than Gbamin getting an offer anywhere else. Gawd how did we get ourselves into this mess!!! Oh I forgot... Mosh!!

That’s a transfer that should have worked. England international, top professional at Villa and City. Gets to Everton and just spends the entire time in the treatment room or arguing with fans. That was another indicator for me that the culture in the squad is wrong. Too many players can slack off once they get here. Schneiderlin was the same. Showed his level initially but then could never be bothered to perform anywhere near it again.
Not many people call doing what he did at Villa being a top professional he already had a bad injury record and he'd hardly played in the position we bought him for for about 3 years but apart from that Mrs Lincoln.

So in other words we're kicking the can down the road building a team we know is crap but hope is good enough to stay up and then when we don't want the crap players anymore we cross that bridge when we come to it. It doesn't sound like a great plan to me.
That’s not what I said. We are replacing old, crap and expensive players with cheaper, better younger players, while freeing yp
Money for better players and also getting us out of this mess.

Longstaff started off playing as an advanced midfielder. Not an attacking one as such but further up the field who would play simple, sensible balls to the more skillful players to run on to.

He got injured, returned to the team and played in front of the back 4 which is really not his game at all especially in a side that is constantly under the cosh.

No idea who was manager at which point etc but basically if we are looking to sign him as a holding mid then that would be utter madness, if we are looking to play him further forward though then it could be a decent enough move.

How can you say latley

How can you say lately he has started to improve, he has only played once this season under Howe. I saw him 2 or 3 time last season and from what I saw in my opinion he will defiantly not improve our team. please don't waste any more money on useless players

That’s not what I said. We are replacing old, crap and expensive players with cheaper, better younger players, while freeing yp
Money for better players and also getting us out of this mess.
Are we though? You used the example of Townsend who certainly isn't young and i doubt is on low wages and Rondon is the same. Thats who people were talking about when they said bringing in his mates obviously and thats what you were denying so if that was your case it doesn't really work. Also Longstaff on paper at least isn't actually better than what we've got at all. He might suit Benitez's style better but thats a different thing altogether.

Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.