Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only way i would accept him is if we give him 3 months to get us to a respectable position, if not then he gets sacked bring in Allardyce.

But you said "Would any teams in the top 6 take Dyche if they sacked or lost their manager?".

We're not a top six team, so that statement makes no sense.
Of course it does. Over the summer we wanted to break that top 6. It's not going great currently but that doesn't mean the ambition just disappears. So the point is valid would any of those teams take him as manager thinking that's where we want to be at some point. The answer is no.

Of course it does. Over the summer we wanted to break that top 6. It's not going great currently but that doesn't mean the ambition just disappears. So the point is valid would any of those teams take him as manager thinking that's where we want to be at some point. The answer is no.
Would any of the top 6 appoint their rezzies coach to manager either ?

Would any teams in the top 6 take Dyche if they sacked or lost their manager? No they wouldn't do that tells you everything. Thought we wanted to be ambitious as a club.

Erm, yes, Burnley. They're on equal points with the RS who are 6th. I know they're 7th technically with 1 less goal difference, but they're there or thereabout which it a good chunk of the table ahead of us!

Erm, yes, Burnley. They're on equal points with the RS who are 6th. I know they're 7th technically with 1 less goal difference, but they're there or thereabout which it a good chunk of the table ahead of us!
They are not a top 6 club though are they. You mention the current table but I am talking about our ambition as a club. If we want to be aiming for top 6 then get a manager that fits the bill.

Dyche would be such a lazy appointment.

It's a safe, squeaky clean choice in the sense that the media would praise us for choosing an Englishman, and our increasingly damaged 'brand' (ugh) would be enhanced by stealing a smaller club's manager.

But in terms of transferable skills and experience making him the right choice for us, I don't see it. He's done a great job overachieving with a tiny, small town club on a tiny, small town budget. He's never managed big egos and big salaries, he's never had money to spend, he's never won anything. He's never dealt with expectation of success. There's enough to suggest he'd 'get us organised' and keep us up, I suppose, but if that's the benchmark for success, we'd be as well appointing Fat Sam and then pressing the reset button at the end of the season with a new, long-term man with a plan.

You can't appoint Dyche and expect him to build a dynasty from where we are now. It's basically the same rationale as 'Koeman has done a decent job at Southampton' or 'Martinez has done a good job at Wigan.'

Status
Not open for further replies.