2023/24 Sean Dyche

I always liked Cellini and Cecil

Heroes, every single one of them

(Sorry, I'll get back on topic now...)

Ugh, im sick of reading about how bad the squad is.

The squad on the main is awful, but our first 11, which Dyche had for the majority of the season really isnt bad.

Our defence was 4th best in the league, which of course the manager takes credit for, but so do the players.
I think that is largely true.

I think there were two major problems with the squad last season, the first was that it was too small and the manager had no chance to rotate .

The second was an almost complete lack of creativity in the squad.

If we could keep the current squad(which I know won't happen), get cover in certain positions and add one or two creative players then I think we would be comfortably a top half team.

The squad on the main is awful, but our first 11, which Dyche had for the majority of the season really isnt bad.

Our defence was 4th best in the league, which of course the manager takes credit for, but so do the players.
We’re not great, but we’re far from awful.

Fair to middling you might say.

Previous two seasons. 13th and 15th in the league for goals conceded. The jump to 4th is i'd say pretty much manager orientated.

Absolutely, which makes this "we have the worst squad in the known universe" thing people seem to be implying here a bit odd.
Some of Dyche's biggest supporters on here have adopted this absolutist view. They have to, because if the squad isn't the "worst squad in the known universe" then the steady improvement we've seen in results isn't "a miracle", the awful spectacle of how we play is a choice and not a necessity and their whole schtick just falls apart.
Dyche does what Dyche has always done. It's effective, fair enough, but it's not the only way these players could play, no matter what some people might say. Dyche is the very expensive, low risk option. I get why people are cool with that but I don't agree that it's our only option with these "terrible" players. That is a nonsense.

Some of Dyche's biggest supporters on here have adopted this absolutist view. They have to, because if the squad isn't the "worst squad in the known universe" then the steady improvement we've seen in results isn't "a miracle", the awful spectacle of how we play is a choice and not a necessity and their whole schtick just falls apart.
Dyche does what Dyche has always done. It's effective, fair enough, but it's not the only way these players could play, no matter what some people might say. Dyche is the very expensive, low risk option. I get why people are cool with that but I don't agree that it's our only option with these "terrible" players. That is a nonsense.
You won't be saying that after we do the treble next season.

One on here 2 months ago was telling me we have one of the three worst squads in be league

God, my memory is worse then I thought. Have I missed a season or something cos when did Dyche get us to 12th..

I mean if have missed a season, then his Contract is up. So welcome to a new Manager and a Shiny new stadium...
( Does that mean we have a new owner aswell )
Points back on

Don Carlo is obviously an overall better manager than The Dyche

However, would Carlo have done as good a job as Dyche has done in the same circumstances with no money, points deductions etc?

They're different kinds of managers who excel in different areas, and there's nothing wrong with that
Too nuanced mate. You are dealing with people that will never give credit and some that are just enjoying stirring the debate.
School play ground territory now