2023/24 Sean Dyche

….yep, a different manager would have this squad playing like Real Madrid :bye:
No ones saying that and you may be happy watching football played like that but as a fan for more than 70 years I hate week after week being continually playing defensive football. We start every game on the back foot no matter who we are playing or where we are playing

I think one person said free games.

Stop trying to cause a Dyche themed fight you wham chatting ferret.

There’s literally two people who have mentioned it in a couple of posts above mine and that’s without me even scrolling back at all. Probably worth reading before calling people wham chatting ferrets.

‘Stop trying to cause a Dyche themed fight’ - you could level that at half the people in this thread.

There’s literally two people who have mentioned it in a couple of posts above mine and that’s without me even scrolling back at all. Probably worth reading before calling people wham chatting ferrets.

‘Stop trying to cause a Dyche themed fight’ - you could level that at half the people in this thread.
There's one. By little Ralphy who uses the phrase "free games".

So are you saying because other people try to cause Dyche themed fights it alright to do so? Hmmm?

No ones saying that and you may be happy watching football played like that but as a fan for more than 70 years I hate week after week being continually playing defensive football. We start every game on the back foot no matter who we are playing or where we are playing
I can see your point - but Dyche was the man for management this season - he played as a unit to stay up we are the only team to survive being deducted a total of 8 points - but I agree with you the football has been dire, but needs must Burnley played open expansive football & they were doomed -
I see the main problem for us now is off the pitch - we need a sound takeover to keep some of the present squad & add bargain buys to survive next season & gain a foothold in the Premiership as we do not want to start on - 9 points going into administration -
The problem IMO is the corruption by the Premiership to deduct points under FFP to the lower teams & let the so-called big teams off with it ?

Man City Chelsea & Villa all sailing close to the wind or City's 115 charges again being put on the back burner ..... & VAR favouring the top teams again .....

Think we have to take our medicine mate.

In any walk of life, a manager is expected to manage the resource he has to give the best performance.

We're not very good eh? We were minutes from relegation in successive seasons - which, given the state of the club with Bramley Moore would have been catastrophic - Sunderland and Leeds first time round for the club.

We're improving, and he's kept us comfortably in the league.

It's not pretty, but until we're stable - only then I think it's fair to ask the question as to whether he can progress us further.

I mean, look at us now - other teams are planning for next season, we still haven't got a clue who'll own the club. It's chaos.

Named by the guardian as one of the managers of the season

Nailed it in this bit;

Whether he is the right man to get them challenging at the other end of the table remains in question, but that’s not where the club is right now. Everton are in crisis and Dyche has proven more than a match for it.

The battle is over , Dyche is going nowhere, so his supporters can stand down.
We just have to accept that his brand of football will never be to everyone’s taste.
As long as he keeps winning he will be safe.
But unless he makes some changes to his style the fault line between supporters will continue to exist.

Never in Evertons history has a manager taken over to face such dire challenges as this bloke has had to.

He took over a laughing stock of a side from Lampard and kept us up. Then the saga of who owns us kicks in along with the uncertainty that brings.
After being forced to let our genuinely best players go to balance the books he's then slammed with a 10 point deduction reduced to 8. The task facing him was monumental. So I look at this season and honestly think he's been our best gaffa for many years. On top of the 8 point decution he's suffered many blows like yesterday, simply robbed of a point and the football world knows it. He was robbed by the "finger nail" offside the other week that cost us, again the football world couldn't explain it. Many other points were lost via the PL's agenda but too painfil to mention.
The PL and the cheats who serve them have undermined him. For me in the real world he has easily got us to a top 10 finish this season. Unthinkable a short while ago considering the loss of top players and the rancid atitude of the team. A couple of good signings and the steel he's injected in to us make us worthy opponents for anyone.
I don't get these stupid "Dycheball" jibes, FFS we're not Real Madrid. He went to Asenal yesterday with a plan and it worked, not pretty but deserved the point, maybe more. I'd be worried if he left anytime soon, he is proving his worth on the back foot. Just wait until he gets a bit of backing, COYB.

Hm... plenty of people on this site said 'have a go' at Chelsea away. Then as many wanted his head on a stick after the game.

What id he do? Rollocked the players, raised the merry-go-round of managers and asked them is that where it's at. That took courage and belief - which is what the team showed in the last month or so of the season.

He's the right man to help us keep shedding the crap in the squad and get as safely to BMD.

Albeit he'll rarely be thanked for that.

We don't have the players to play on the front foot, it's as simple as that. I don't know how people still don't get this, honestly think at this point they're just moaning just to moan.

We don't have the players to play on the front foot, it's as simple as that. I don't know how people still don't get this, honestly think at this point they're just moaning just to moan.
I'd agree against good teams, but we don't have the players to play on the front foot against Luton? Or Burnley?

Also there's the thing that Dyche doesn't know how to play on the front foot in the Premier League.

I'd agree against good teams, but we don't have the players to play on the front foot against Luton? Or Burnley?

Also there's the thing that Dyche doesn't know how to play on the front foot in the Premier League.
I'd argue we took the game to Luton at home, we were extremely unlucky in that game and only became undone because Myko (i think) forgot how to defend the back post. We also have nobody in the game who can break those teams down at Goodison so it just turns into a scrappy mess, Goodison gets on their backs, we concede, we fume.

If we had a few tricky wingers with a bit of pace I think we'd open those teams up a lot more than we have done, However we don't, we have McNeil and Harrison who are incredibly slow in comparison to what we need, which just leads to our play being slow and methodical as well.

I'd argue we took the game to Luton at home, we were extremely unlucky in that game and only became undone because Myko (i think) forgot how to defend the back post. We also have nobody in the game who can break those teams down at Goodison so it just turns into a scrappy mess, Goodison gets on their backs, we concede, we fume.

If we had a few tricky wingers with a bit of pace I think we'd open those teams up a lot more than we have done, However we don't, we have McNeil and Harrison who are incredibly slow in comparison to what we need, which just leads to our play being slow and methodical as well.
Think Harrison's not slow physically, just realises when/how to make runs too late.

Anyway, we had 3 goes against them and tried to be an actual football team once, and got either on the same level or were actively worse for a long portion of the game. I don't really think that's acceptable in the long run against clearly weaker opposition - you gotta have more than 1 way to play football.