2023/24 Sean Dyche

I was never really a Minaette, but when fit he was a good player, I just like to throw Mina bait around now and again.

Keane has been punted from the side, so hes not really a factor, currently, lets hope he doesnt return if Branners is sold.

I never used to mind him, then he just started booting the ball into the net during games.
Keanes an odd case as he's no physical coward, wins plenty of confrontations, just has no concentration or leadership skills. No surprise his best run came in a back four of CBs without crowds and with Mina to bark the orders

Keanes an odd case as he's no physical coward, wins plenty of confrontations, just has no concentration or leadership skills. No surprise his best run came in a back four of CBs without crowds and with Mina to bark the orders
Not to make excuses, but these people are human, imagine playing footy in a Stadium and sometimes 40k people are calling you rubbish and thats just Home games!

Not making excuses, they are well paid sportsmen.

Speaking of Michael Keane, remember when people on here kept saying he was our best centre back? lol lol

When Goat and Carlin would endlessly post about:

"Big Mick Keggers"

How amazing he was and that anyone who couldnt see it was stupid.

I remember this well.

Keane is better with a strong leader next to him in an ultra defensive deep setup.

Ive never thought he was any good in anything other than that setup.

In that system i think you could pluck a South American 'hard man' out of a team and tell them to boot everything, head and tackle anything nearby away and they'd do as good a job.

Not to make excuses, but these people are human, imagine playing footy in a Stadium and sometimes 40k people are calling you rubbish and thats just Home games!

Not making excuses, they are well paid sportsmen.
Excuses and reasons are different things mate, looking for answers with an open mind is the right approach

IMG_9114.jpeg

….i expect the vast majority of aerial duels are won by central defenders. Saying that, DCL would get on the end of plenty of goal kicks etc, so strong in both areas.
"Vast majority" - we play hoofball mate, pretty easy stat to check.

Tarks is 1st only because DCL missed a game a few weeks ago. DCL led the league for about the entire season otherwise.

Anyway,
1. Tarkowski - 143 won
2. DLC - 139 won

"Vast majority" - we play hoofball mate, pretty easy stat to check.

Tarks is 1st only because DCL missed a game a few weeks ago. DCL led the league for about the entire season otherwise.

Anyway,
1. Tarkowski - 143 won
2. DLC - 139 won

…..interesting but I think you’d need to factor in all defenders against all attackers rather than Tarkowski v DCL. I expect Branthwaite has a fair number, probably more than Beto. It’s difficult when lots of Tarkowski’s will be from attacking dead balls.

No doubt we have gone long, it’s what happens when there’s a serious lack of passing quality in the team.

…..interesting but I think you’d need to factor in all defenders against all attackers rather than Tarkowski v DCL. I expect Branthwaite has a fair number, probably more than Beto. It’s difficult when lots of Tarkowski’s will be from attacking dead balls.

No doubt we have gone long, it’s what happens when there’s a serious lack of passing quality in the team.
We could have had Messi in midfield and we'd still hoof.

Beto's barely played, DCL's played every living minute, and his entire job was to knock down headers to Doucoure of all people.