2023/24 Sean Dyche

Just for the record I won't be licking Sean Dyche's R'sss. We've been terrible for most of the season.

He gets some plaudits I think he's turned things around of late. But he's no saviour. He's no messiah. He's one above Sam Allardyce. Can't be doing
with these blowing smoke up his R'ss
Has anyone really done that, aside from the Dyche hater winder uppers clique? The footy at times has been rubbish, the winless run was horrible, sticking with certain players, poor subs etc etc. From what I have seen fellas just wanted us to have a season free of last day PL/SKY/PGMOL initiated stress and drama which he delivered. Most people here I think have been pragmatic and accepted that he's the man for us, for now.

48 points is a brilliant return given the backdrop of the last couple of seasons and the chaos off the pitch

I still have a couple of reservations, mostly surrounding that winless run, but nobody could have realistically asked for more in terms of a points return this season, and if they had I'd have to assume they're on crack

48 points is a brilliant return given the backdrop of the last couple of seasons and the chaos off the pitch

I still have a couple of reservations, mostly surrounding that winless run, but nobody could have realistically asked for more in terms of a points return this season, and if they had I'd have to assume they're on crack

The only problem with that winless run is that it went on too long but it is standard with mid table sides. Your season is defined by only 2-3 months of the year where you pick up a few wins and draws in a row, usually when you have a run of easier games.

48 points is pretty crazy given the circumstances. It would put us around that 10-12th spot which is the upper echelon of any of our expectations for this season.

The only problem with that winless run is that it went on too long but it is standard with mid table sides. Your season is defined by only 2-3 months of the year where you pick up a few wins and draws in a row, usually when you have a run of easier games.

48 points is pretty crazy given the circumstances. It would put us around that 10-12th spot which is the upper echelon of any of our expectations for this season.

…it’s standard when you’re docked 8 points, have rudderless ownership, no Board and governance.

It’s impossible to separate off-field chaos with on-field performance & I’m not sure a top-flight manager has ever had such turmoil to deal with.