2023/24 Sean Dyche

it was terrible to watch, what was enjoyable? About it.
And top clubs and clubs with ambition like Villa appointing Emery when dyche was available. The people running them clubs know, dyche ball, basically survival football is not a recipe for success and won’t wash with the fans.
Maybe because Villa had the money to fund the type of squad Emery would want. Like it or not Dyche is the best (by a long way)we can expect given our financial position.

The dyche fans, seem to forget this, just off the top of my head, Fulham missed a couple of sitters in the 0-0. Palace had better chances at goodison, Villa also should have beat us at goodison. Newcastle should have been 3 or 4 up before they gifted us that penalty. Forest had 2 good chances. And the 3 chances Liverpool missed in that 10 min spell before half time, some of our fans would be calling them open goals from 2 yards, if we’d had them chances

…and the anti-Dyche posters seem to forget there was plenty of games we should’ve got more points from except for missed chances. It’s a bit of a non-argument.

The dyche fans, seem to forget this, just off the top of my head, Fulham missed a couple of sitters in the 0-0. Palace had better chances at goodison, Villa also should have beat us at goodison. Newcastle should have been 3 or 4 up before they gifted us that penalty. Forest had 2 good chances. And the 3 chances Liverpool missed in that 10 min spell before half time, some of our fans would be calling them open goals from 2 yards, if we’d had them chances
Apparently only we miss chances. Ignore opposition ones

Yes I agree, it’s just some of dyche’s biggest supporters on here only mention our misses and if we had two better attackers,
We’d be top 7
Yeah I think a lot of fans from other clubs would be saying the same thing. Think dyche has done a good job under difficult circumstances. I know the type of manager he is and what that brings. I hope next season he gives us a boring mid-table finish with no drama, then he leaves at the end of the season when his contract runs out. By then hope the club is more secure and ready to push on.

It's clear some people just don't like the man.

He's not trendy.

But, the facts are - which no matter your agenda towards the man is - he has improved us in desperate circumstances.

When he took over, with us here;

1715248280978.png

... without a striker, and with a nightmare immediate run of games. The consensus on here/across fanbase was very much we were down.

... any fan told he'd keep us up, then make a profit in sales/wages in the market, and then receive 2 point deductions but still keep us up the following season - you'd want a statue building.

In terms of individual managerial achievement, him keeping us up the past 2 seasons tops anything since... well. I'll let others debate that.

You really can't argue with his points tally this season and that keeps him in his job, for now. It all depends on the new owners going forward and what their aspirations are. The football is very difficult to watch and while I see the point of people saying that if he had better players he would play better football, I disagree. I think that, given a decent transfer kitty he would spend it on faster versions of the players he was replacing. He would definitely win more points, but, I've never seen anything in Dyche to suggest that he would play any differently.

Isn’t that football though? Both teams have chances in a game, the side that wins is the one that puts them away. Agree Newcastle should have won but not sure about the others.

What a load of nonsense
So you name a top rated manager who'd realistically come to us in our precarious financial position. Or would you be happy with a young up and coming coach who'll get this squad playing open flowing football. Nonsense you say.🙄

It's clear some people just don't like the man.

He's not trendy.

But, the facts are - which no matter your agenda towards the man is - he has improved us in desperate circumstances.

When he took over, with us here;

View attachment 256158

... without a striker, and with a nightmare immediate run of games. The consensus on here/across fanbase was very much we were down.

... any fan told he'd keep us up, then make a profit in sales/wages in the market, and then receive 2 point deductions but still keep us up the following season - you'd want a statue building.

In terms of individual managerial achievement, him keeping us up the past 2 seasons tops anything since... well. I'll let others debate that.

tbf Danny, he should have been sacked the second he said live on TV "Mykolenko was a late call, a real lastminute.com decision not to play him".

Surely that's a sackable offense!

Maybe because Villa had the money to fund the type of squad Emery would want. Like it or not Dyche is the best (by a long way)we can expect given our financial position.

Don’t be ridiculous. Squad quality is irrelevant in this league. So what if Dyche has McNeil Harrison and DCL as his first choice attacking options, he should just ‘set them up to win’ ‘attempt to win’ ‘play attacking football’ and be ‘more progressive’. We’d probably be where Villa are now if Dyche just wanted to win more and didn’t set out to draw his way to safety. Villa having significantly better players in almost every position and a far deeper squad is completely irrelevant.

Useless Ginger Brexit dinosaur