2023/24 Sean Dyche

On the face of it - I agree. The big caveat to this is what's in store for us over the summer. If we have to offload Branthwaite and Onana and don't re-invest the cash on more players then this becomes unrealistic, and we're back to treading water.
Can live without Onana but if we lose Branthwaite without a good replacement we could be goosed.

Even in the event that Branthwaite & Onana are sold, at a minimum, as a fan I still expect solid alternatives to be identified, scouted, brought in & integrated in plenty of time before the start of next season & hopefully with cash over to spare.

Again - I honestly don't believe that this should be 'unrealistic'. It should be, like, the NUMBER 1 remit of the DOF & coaching staff in any off-season to achieve this..

All well and good mate, but as recently as last week Dyche said contract decisions about people and decisions on signing the likes of Harrison weren't made because finances weren't clear.

There's every possibility (if we take what happened with the Gordon money) that we sell Branthwaite and Onana and get a small proportion of that back to invest. That being the case, you're asking for miracles for a scouting team and DOF to be able to sign players at least as good as the ones we are losing for a fraction of the price.

To have bagged the longest winless run in the history of the prem is some achievement. Even though the diabolical management that created this run pushed us firmly under the threat of relegation we should applaud Sean's incompetence as that's where we are now as a club.

That run was kind of NSNO - the best at not winning. We have witnessed some of the worst football I have seem from Everton under Dyche. We have seen the team clueless in front of goal under Dyche. He has been generally horrendous.

That said, the chopping and changing has been a factor that lead us to Dyche, so maybe keeping him will add a slither of stability. He needs to address the totally unacceptable failures in the final third though. If not, he'll take us on another suicide run next season.

I think the best thing I can say about him is hes don as expected, it as been a hard season, the squad is shocking, but the football has been equally dire. I don't think hes the Messiah, but hes certainly not the biggest problem with the club. He gets next season atleast, hopefully we can solidify mid table obscurity.

Dyche has done well and I like him, but let's not kid ourselves, we've only stayed up so comfortably because we had Jarrad Branthwaite come back from loan playing like Paulo Maldini.

Yes, Dyche organises them etc, but even he must know he'd have been toast without Branthwaite.

I think there has been a lot of noise this season, but we’ve managed to change the narrative. I don’t like to mention the XG, but we’ve played well and created chances. And whilst the last one doesn’t guarantee the next one we’ll keep pushing forward. We have some players back on the grass and the hard work pays you back at the end of the day.

Preseason I would have taken 10-14th and a 10 point improvement over the season before. Ignoring the PL’s attempts to sink us, that is what he has delivered.

I’m satisfied but hardly ecstatic.
Sorry, after back to back relegation fights, you expected 10th-14th? I've seen lots of comments all now saying "we should be finishing here/next season we should be 10th or above"

It's hilarious to read after everyone was certain Dyche was taking us down. Realism is needed. Over the course of the season, we've massively improved on 2 poor seasons. Defensively the most. But let's not now set unrealistic expectations unless he's backed. The squad needs an overhaul and improvements are needed. It's one step at a time, not immediately expecting top half finishes because we want it.

IMO, the biggest factor is keeping the players motivated. We can all point the finger at everyone else, but they massively let us down for parts of this season. The last week has shown what they can do. They need to fight for the shirt across a season now.

Sorry, after back to back relegation fights, you expected 10th-14th? I've seen lots of comments all now saying "we should be finishing here/next season we should be 10th or above"

It's hilarious to read after everyone was certain Dyche was taking us down. Realism is needed. Over the course of the season, we've massively improved on 2 poor seasons. Defensively the most. But let's not now set unrealistic expectations unless he's backed. The squad needs an overhaul and improvements are needed. It's one step at a time, not immediately expecting top half finishes because we want it.

IMO, the biggest factor is keeping the players motivated. We can all point the finger at everyone else, but they massively let us down for parts of this season. The last week has shown what they can do. They need to fight for the shirt across a season now.

Dont think it's player motivation or "fighting for the shirt across a season"

I think it's just this team aren't very good.

The team in the bottom 3 for goals scored/chances created for 3 seasons, still struggle to score goals.

We've improved massively at the back, and IMO, it's blood from a stone stuff - add some pace/ability to this final third and only then, will we start to move away from relegation scrap.