2023/24 Sean Dyche

You need to get your facts right mate
The summer after finishing 7th their biggest sale was Sam vokes. They brought in 8mil and spent 33. Following summer brought in 13mil spent 23mil
Ok 35mil spent over 2 yrs is not a lot of money but let’s not pretend he had to sell his whole first team and replace them with free’s and loans to help your argument 🤣🤣🤣🤣
No facts quoted by me, you are the top fact boy! Lol.
If you cant see the difference / change in transfer spending between the seasons up to them finishing 7th and the subsequest seasons then i dont know what more i can do to help you...you also need to take into consideration off field activity. Takeover and loading the club with debt. This does have an impact on onfield performance and club financial strategy.
And yes 35 mil over 2 seasons is nothing when Dyche was alreadymassively overachieving. If you dont invest in the good times and just asset strip then there is only one progression path and thats the Burnley one. Totally an ownership issue and not managerial. Same as all Evertons issues including the winless run.
Also i dont see Burnley doing any better since Dyche left...?

Mate if we keep getting points deductions then we may as well just pack it all in..

My observation is obviously assuming that we don't get hit with more deductions next season....
Doesnt matter whether we do or not, its always hanging over us as we cant seem to balance the books. The threat of it has an impact on playing and coaching staff.

You're also overlooking our dire financial situation and the likelihood that we will lose one or two of our better players this summer. If we start next season with a weaker squad than the one we finished this one with, I'm not sure I can understand where the belief that we should be kicking on next season comes from.

Unless there is a material change in our financial situation, I can only really see consolidation as a realistic target.
Even in the event that Branthwaite & Onana are sold, at a minimum, as a fan I still expect solid alternatives to be identified, scouted, brought in & integrated in plenty of time before the start of next season & hopefully with cash over to spare.

Again - I honestly don't believe that this should be 'unrealistic'. It should be, like, the NUMBER 1 remit of the DOF & coaching staff in any off-season to achieve this..

I think context is important here.

I could accept top half being a target if Dyche is backed in the summer.

If he isn't backed and we instead need to sell our better players to survive and are reliant on loans, frees and bargain basement signings then I think setting a target of top half is probably unfair and I'd be happy with a similar sort of 45 points-ish return.
Exactly. We seem likely to need to sell a couple of the better players, and have others who are approaching, or are well past, their sell by dates. If cash is as scarce as people generally expect then just acquiring adequate replacements for the sales and elderly members of our current squad will take some doing.

You're also overlooking our dire financial situation and the likelihood that we will lose one or two of our better players this summer. If we start next season with a weaker squad than the one we finished this one with, I'm not sure I can understand where the belief that we should be kicking on next season comes from.

Unless there is a material change in our financial situation, I can only really see consolidation as a realistic target.
Yes, consolidation and please god some stability. Careful though you will be placed on the bar too low naughty bench with me. We are the destoyers of EFC not expecting us to be top 4 next year with this brainless owner.

Yes, consolidation and please god some stability. Careful though you will be placed on the bar too low naughty bench with me. We are the destoyers of EFC not expecting us to be top 4 next year with this brainless owner.
Yup, the club isn’t going to have a launchpad to progress until we have wriggle room to spend a little bit. Which i assume isn’t going to be this summer necessarily.

sort out the off field issues then see what’s what.

Absolutely he has.

Go and look at the poll results on him in the other thread and have a hard think why you're in the minority.

Oh and Dyche is your ginger overlord.

Sniff it.
Being in the minority doesn't equate to being wrong. He makes some telling points , and I don't recall such widespread and fulsome praise for Dyche before last week. It's all a matter of perspective.

Even in the event that Branthwaite & Onana are sold, at a minimum, as a fan I still expect solid alternatives to be identified, scouted, brought in & integrated in plenty of time before the start of next season & hopefully with cash over to spare.

Again - I honestly don't believe that this should be 'unrealistic'. It should be, like, the NUMBER 1 remit of the DOF & coaching staff in any off-season to achieve this..
It's actually inexcusable to not be on top of that
For the DOF it should be the no1 remit in the on-season too

No facts quoted by me, you are the top fact boy! Lol.
If you cant see the difference / change in transfer spending between the seasons up to them finishing 7th and the subsequest seasons then i dont know what more i can do to help you...you also need to take into consideration off field activity. Takeover and loading the club with debt. This does have an impact on onfield performance and club financial strategy.
And yes 35 mil over 2 seasons is nothing when Dyche was alreadymassively overachieving. If you dont invest in the good times and just asset strip then there is only one progression path and thats the Burnley one. Totally an ownership issue and not managerial. Same as all Evertons issues including the winless run.
Also i dont see Burnley doing any better since Dyche left...?
The summer before getting 7th they spent 35mil brought in 50mil
I’m not really sure what else I can tell you

My take:

The club should still be looking ahead in the summer and, at the very least, be 'scouting' for the next potential Everton manager + coaching staff.

Dyche will likely get next season and I certainly don't begrudge him that, but his target now will be to hit the top half of the table playing a bit more expansive football in the process. I really don't think that's an unfair expectation - he's been here nearly 18 months now and his second summer is coming up.

I congratulate him on a job well done with safety ensured with games to spare, but next season he really aught to be taking the next step up if he wants to remain here heading into BMD.

On the face of it - I agree. The big caveat to this is what's in store for us over the summer. If we have to offload Branthwaite and Onana and don't re-invest the cash on more players then this becomes unrealistic, and we're back to treading water.

On the face of it - I agree. The big caveat to this is what's in store for us over the summer. If we have to offload Branthwaite and Onana and don't re-invest the cash on more players then this becomes unrealistic, and we're back to treading water.

See my other post just above mate..

Yeah that's fair, but our DOF is out of contract this summer and we all know how much of a sh1tshow this club is at the moment.

At the very least, hopefully we can use our loan slots more effectively for next season. Danjuma has been a waste, Harrison works hard and helps out well defensively, but we need more attacking output.

We won't know what is a realistic target for next season until we see our squad at the beginning of August.

If we lose Branthwaite and others, and they aren't properly replaced, and if there isn't money to reinforce the squad, then the realistic target will again be survival and 40 points.

We still massively lack goals and that means a relegation battle is always a possibility.

Basically, our financial position will mainly determine what is possible next season. But good recruitment and smart business can also help.