2023/24 Sean Dyche

I'm not going to change my opinion based on one brilliant result - just as I'm sure his admirers were undaunted by Chelsea - but credit where it's due. That was as enjoyable a night as I can remember.

I don't think its about changing or not changing opinions. I think it's just being able to accept both sides of it. He's done an objectively good job in the most ridiculously challenging circumstances. He also has severe, infuriating limitations which means he's not someone we will likely progress beyond 12th/13th with.

Since Carlo, we have had 2 awful managers. Dyche has brought stability in really difficult circumstances. We know his strengths and weaknesses.
He is getting as much out of this average squad as he can. Judge him more after another season and 2 more transfer windows.

the problem here is that he brings in his type of players. is that what we want?

He has won 3 games in a row which is great and exactly what we needed. But he didn't win in 14 games previously. lets not jump the gun here.

He took us seemingly destined for the drop and got us over the line. He's effectively got us safe again despite an 8 point deduction and delivered a result at Goodison we've been waiting a very long time for.

Whatever happens with Dyche this summer or next, he'll always have my thanks for the job he's done here under the circumstances.

the problem here is that he brings in his type of players. is that what we want?

He has won 3 games in a row which is great and exactly what we needed. But he didn't win in 14 games previously. lets not jump the gun here.

Do you think he'd even heard of Chermiti?

We were trying to sign Gnonto/Gyokeres but we didn't have a pot to piss in. Would we have been happy with them?

He'll have involvement but it's the DOF who is ultimately responsible.

We were trying to sign Gnonto/Gyokeres but we didn't have a pot to piss in. Would we have been happy with them?

Yeah, it's more him telling Thelwell want kind of player he wants rather than which player he wants. I imagine the only "Dyche signings" we'll see are frees and loans.

3rd best defence in the league
11 clean sheets
More away wins than the last 2 seasons combined.
A derby win
Safe before the end of the season
14th without the point deduction and 3 points off 11th. 4 points off 10th.

Tell me you'd believe that could happen before the start of the season.

Stop the crying over everything now and get behind them. I'll continue to believe that those players are accountable for so much of the bad stuff this season. Since Dyche openly called them out, we've convincingly won 2 games. They've finally turned up and what a difference it makes.

In response to a strange group of posters who can’t even seemingly enjoy a Derby win without having a dig at the manager.

I mean we’re all supposed to be on the same side here, surely whatever the long term views or opinions on the manager we can all enjoy the first home derby win in 14 years? Surely?!

You're right there mate.

Very sad to see.

Set us up well last night. Got a good reaction from the players after the chelsea match.

Should be looking up to the top 10 without deductions and sitting on 41 points. I would have been happy with that at the start of the season, especially with 4 games to go. So credit to him for that. Probably does deserve another season for that.

Something just irks me that he has essentially had two purple patches where 7 of his 11 wins have fallen. And for large parts of the season, we have lacked whatever it was he found from the players yesterday.
Hopefully we can let the shackles off a bit now and become a bit more creative and less defensive.
A recipe for disaster
2-0 & a 41pts total (sans decductions) not withstanding.

What we saw yesterday is as good as it gets - as good as it can or will get, It's quintessential Plan A (no Plan B ?) Dycheball.

Change it or fail to apply it properly (see Chelsea and the other 13(?) recent examples) at your peril.
(A crappy 1-0 win due to fluke rebound gets you the same 3pts that last night's Epic does)

He's played a crap hand well and kept us up...hopefully...Twice

The Club has a long and rocky road yet to travel and nobody knows where it will end.

Dyche is a short term manager and nobody knows how long that short term is.
(Or how short long-term is either)

There's an old saying about...there's nothing so permanent as a temporary fix.

He's here until there's somebody say he isnt

Just wondering do we have to sell in order to match psr issue again?

3rd best defence in the league
11 clean sheets
More away wins than the last 2 seasons combined.
A derby win
Safe before the end of the season
14th without the point deduction and 3 points off 11th. 4 points off 10th.

Tell me you'd believe that could happen before the start of the season.

Stop the crying over everything now and get behind them. I'll continue to believe that those players are accountable for so much of the bad stuff this season. Since Dyche openly called them out, we've convincingly won 2 games. They've finally turned up and what a difference it makes.

People are behind them. They sell out home and away mate.

Do you think Potter had heard of MacAllister or Mitoma ? I think low risk potential is where to head. If that means the "manager" has little say then so be it, the onus is then on DoF. Something has to change though, our transfers have in the round been dire for years. Pace seems to be a key ommission from the scouting playbook 🤨

This team is that, mate. 3 years have shown it. Make no mistake - this teams objective next season is to stay up. There's not the goals in it.

Only when we improve the players in the final third do we kick on. Small margins.
The consistency has been the factor all year. We've gone on decent runs then folded and then that horrific run (I think we have to attribute some of that to the points penalty).

We have a good record against the teams around us, next season has to be thinking about fine margins and increasing the pool of teams we pick up points against - improving from 16/17 to 14/15th.

We'll probably have to decide between selling Onana or Branthwaite. It would be Onana for me, then perhaps look at some free transfers or picks from the championship. I think we need a RB, RW/striker and CM (someone who is happy to have the ball).